Skip to main content

Hermey! Hermey!

We are in full Christmas swing here at the Goers' house!  All the presents are wrapped (with just a few left to buy), Nutter Butter Santas have been made (see below for picture!), and the annual viewing of Rudolph has been completed.

Let me tell you a story about our red-nosed friend.  I asked Ava (before we watched it), if she knew what the story was about.  She told me he was a deer (pretty good)...and then I explained to her that he's a special deer that pulls Santa's sleigh through the sky, and that his nose shines bright red.  As I was saying those words, I thought to myself..."Huh, that sounds really...weird."  The look Ava gave me and the complete silence that followed confirmed that thought.  However, never fear!  She thoroughly enjoyed watching the movie on Friday night!  And since then, Hermey (the elf who wants to be a dentist) has been a permanent fixture in our house.  He's eaten all of our meals with us, spent the last few nights/naps with Ava, took a bath with her, BUT, politely exited the house to go outside and work for a bit when Ava had to use the potty.  Santa must have known that Ava was going to get so attached to Hermey...one of her stocking stuffers just happens to be about Hermey!

We also had the great joy of taking our picture for the Christmas card this year...I won't include the final picture below, but instead, a few of the outtakes.

Hanging with Saint Darla here...


So hard to keep the eyes open!


And here we go...

Smile!  No, really, SMILE!


Helps to look at the camera


Stay in one place, young lady!


I actually really love this one!


Scott wanted to use this one and label it: "I have to poop!"



The Nutter Butter Santas...yum!


This week, we'll be making fudge, looking at Christmas lights, and visiting Santa.  Hard to believe Christmas is just two weeks away!

Comments

Lisa said…
Dylan informed me that Rudolph is his most best, favoritist, ever Christmas show. Don't you just love their imagination?! Cute Santa cookies, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...