Skip to main content

Super Princess Ava!

We just can't seem to get enough of dressing up as a princess...Ava even gave herself a new name: Super Princess Ava!  Ironic, since her Barbie costume actually comes with a little cape...of course it's shiny gold and bright pink, but still...!

With Halloween coming up, we've been trying to decide what Ava should be.  She was stuck on Santa for a while, and then we hit the insect track (butterfly, ladybug, bee), and I think we've finally landed on Alice in Wonderland.  I found a really cute costume for her and now we're reading the AiW story at night, so she knows who she's dressed up as.  I'm just happy we escaped the princess theme this year...especially since EVERY day is princess day at the Goers' house!


She's got the over-the-shoulder look down!


Life doesn't get much better than this!



I checked on her last night before bed...looks like she fell asleep right in the middle of reading.  I feel a little bad for Black Bear...she's got him firmly by the nose.  Of course, as soon as I turned off her pink flower light, her eyes popped open and she wanted to read some more.



She's begun to say the sweetest things, like, when I tell her that I love her, she kisses me and tells me that she loves me the most.  However, with the sweetness comes that sass again...today I peeked in on her while she should have been napping. 

Instead, I found her playing with her Little People set, and when I asked her to lay down and take a nap, she just looked at me and said, "Bye!"  And she fully expected me to close her door and leave her alone. 

Every day it's something new with her...and we totally look forward to laughing (or try to hide our laughing) along with her!

Comments

Every family needs a Super Princess, and Super Princess Ava has my vote! BTW, glad you're getting started with AiW early...it's a weird and wonderful story even for adults. Great amusement when in Africa last year...but I'm not sure I understood everything I read.
Lisa said…
Oh, I was looking forward to seeing Santa trick-or-treat photos! I think Alice will be cute, though!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...