Skip to main content

Coming to a Close...

Labor Day marks the end of summer...and I think this year, we did get cheated out of a full summer!  It didn't get warm until late June, then we were blasted with high temps and humidity, and then the last few days have been almost chilly.  I'm still happy it's not snowing...but I don't think snow is that far off, unfortunately!

We've been trying to squeeze in a few last summer activities before fall hits us hard.  We enjoyed a last day at the pool, a few outings to the MN State Fair (sans Ava), another round with the water table, and a few more cookouts.  It's 8:15pm, and it's already dark.  I think...it's really over.  Sigh.

In preparation for the fall, I've been asking Ava what she wants to be for Halloween this year.  She's told me Snow White a few times, but tonight she told me she wanted to be Santa.  Huh.  Wonder if you can buy a Santa costume for Halloween.  I'm pretty sure we'll end up with a chiffon dress and tiara of sorts, and not a red fuzzy suit with white trim.  I could be wrong, of course...!

Notice the plethora of pink...and the tiny princess audience watching her play.


Big squeeze from the little cheese!



Our squash and pumpkins have completely taken over the side of the house...and are creeping around to the back!  I actually found one vining onto one of the little petunia plants!



Sometimes, it's hard work getting a picture of the kid - notice the sweat!


Focused on the water table...



And then dunking her head in the water table.  She tried to climb into it, but I stopped her.


On the back of a Harley - that's a first for her!



Happy Summer - enjoy the last few days before the snow flies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...