Skip to main content

Funny Girl

This has been a horrible week at work.  Nothing to do with the job itself, just technology related issues that have created chaos.  Therefore, I barely had time to breathe, eat, or relax.  How does this affect you?  It really shouldn't, but it means I have no pics to post this week.

However...Ava said some pretty darn funny things this week:

We were watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" earlier this week, and I heard a character say "Virtualizing!"  What's the next thing out of Ava's mouth?  "VIRTUALIZNG!"  I know I might be biased, but I think that's a pretty big word for a 2 year old to produce.

Same evening, but later, as we were giving her a bath, she looked at me, stuck her finger in her bum, and told me, "I'm taking my temp so I can have medicine!"  There are so many things wrong with that, on so many levels, that all I could respond with was a blank look, and a tiny giggle.  Note: she had been sick earlier in the week, so we had been taking her temp a lot.

Ava was playing with her Little People dollhouse, that somehow now has 1 daddy, 2 mommies, and 2 babies.  And a unicorn.  She looks at me and states, "Mommy needs to go in the trunk!"  We spent about 5 minutes trying to clarify if she was saying "trunk" or "truck".  She stuck with "trunk."  Not sure I like where this story was going.  When questioned again an hour later, she slyly looked at me and said, "Truck, Mommy, truck!"  All I know is that I'm not sleeping with both eyes closed anymore.

You might remember that we were decorating the house last weekend with those heart-shaped clings for the windows.  She's managed to tear two of the hearts in half.  So she walks one over to the trash and says "My heart broke.  I'm throwing it away."  Sigh.  This one made me a little sad.

And I finally got a question answered that popped up a few weeks ago.  I always thought Scooter was a boy (I realize he's not real...it's just easier to assign a gender to the purple cat), but last week Ava kept referring to Scooter as a girl.  This sorta changed everything that I knew about Scooter - and I wasn't okay with it.  Imagine my delight this morning when Scooter once again became a boy.  And then Ava told me she was a boy.  I told her that her daddy would be happy to hear that.  She then pranced away to get ready to go out tonight.  No way is she a boy.

Even though we're both busy, at least we get the chance to laugh at the funny things Ava says!

Comments

She is so cute! I love what a 2 year old comes up with and how their mind works. It gets a lot sneakier and tall-tailish as they become 4 ;-) I like the innocent of 2 years.
Lisa said…
Ava might be happy to hear that the ear thermometers work great! :) I also just got the one that you swipe across their forehead but (thankfully) haven't needed it just yet.

Keep your eye on her whenever you are getting something out of your trunk!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...