Skip to main content

Two More Christmases and One Unicorn

We are 100% officially done with Christmas 2010!  Our Christmas celebrations stretched over 1 month for this holiday season...and now we can focus on Valentine's Day!

Last Sunday we had Grandpa Bruce (Scott's dad) and Grandma Sandy over for Christmas dinner...and gifts for Ava, of course.  She has totally caught on to the idea of presents, and now we have a hard time keeping her from opening any gift she sees!

She absolutely LOVES the little vanity that she received from Bruce and Sandy.  It came with a toy hair dryer, which she likes to use at the same time Mommy is getting ready in the morning.  Plus, it has a drawer - the perfect place for all of her play makeup and jewelry that she got this year.  I found her today in her room, twirling in circles, talking on her phone, telling someone that she needed to start getting ready to go out.  Atta girl! 

Grandpa Bruce and Princess Ava...and Darla, posing for the camera


Reading about Alice in Wonderland


Grandma Sandy providing support for Ava


The vanity!


And let's not forget the guitar...oh she rocked it!


She recevied the unicorn pillow pet on Christmas Eve...last week she was trying to ride it around her room!


Tonight we celebrated Christmas with Grandma Deb (Scott's mom) and Grandpa Whitey...and peas disguised as blueberries!  (Not really, but that's what Ava thought the topping on the cheesecake was...)  She received another round of really great gifts, including her first luggage set (super cute!), and a great guitar/piano/drum toy.  Apparently the grandparents decided that Christmas 2010 was the year to give instruments...but not to keep at THEIR houses of course! :)

Ava and Buddy waiting patiently to open gifts...



Really cute boots for the snow


This package was as big as she was, and she couldn't wait to get into it!


Ta-da!  A three-piece luggage set! Perfect for trips to the grandparents' houses!


And the last gift of the evening...


Again, waiting patiently for Daddy to put the strap on her guitar/drum/piano


Showing Grandma Deb how it works...


And finishing off the evening with a quick game of soccer.  We also found out that she is NOT a fan of keep-away...



Quick update on Mommy...I have accepted a new job (same company), and will be leaving the Travel division at BI.  I'll be heading back to the Technology Solutions Group...full circle from when I first started at BI!  I'm excited about this change, and am looking forward to learning new things, and meeting a few new people (although I've already worked with quite a few of the people on my new team in my last stint there!)

See, 2011 is off to a great start already!

Comments

WOO HOO! Congrats to you on your new position!! What an exciting start to 2011.

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...