Skip to main content

Girls Weekend Checklist

After a very disappointing Vikings game last weekend, the rest of the week didn't get much better.  We've been really busy lately, and this week it was hard to bounce back.  We had a trip planned to WI to stay with Tiffany's parents for an annual ice fishing tournament.  There were going to be a lot of people there, and last time we went, we had an absolute blast...but this time, I was just too worn out to go anywhere.  So, Scott packed up the truck and headed up north while Miss Ava and I are in the middle of a girls' weekend.

So far, we've done the following:
  1. Warm bubble baths - CHECK  (Both of us!)  (Let me clarify...separately!)
  2. Good beverages - CHECK (well, she guzzles milk like cows are going extinct, and I had cherry Kool-Aid today, so what could be better?)
  3. Yummy chocolate - CHECK (thin mint-like cookies and Halloween candy (yes, Halloween) for me, and chocolate Goldfish for Ava)
  4. Fabulous books - CHECK (we read many, many books this morning and afternoon AND evening, and I'll be reading something a little more intense than Dr Seuss later this evening.  Although, There's a Wocket in my Pocket is a little creepy - what other creatures are lurking around the house?  The Jerten in the Curtain looked a little suspicious.  Scott, come home soon!)
  5. A nice long nap - CHECK (well Ava took a 3-hour nap today, and mine was about 30 minutes - but it's better than nothing!)
  6. Gettting peed on by Lucky - CHECK (Oh wait, was this supposed to be a positive list? Fortunately, Ava avoided the mess, but my right leg took one for the team.  Even Ava started saying, "Gross!")
So, you'd think I would have taken some pictures of us doing these fun things (except #6), but I didn't.  Instead, here's a photo from last Sunday's dinner of meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  I'm learning to let my independent little girl eat everything on her own...and while food ends up everywhere, I just take many, many deep breaths to calm myself down.  But, boy, she sure did love that meal! 

Notice how her hair is styled with potatoes...these pictures just don't do the mess justice, though!



And did you notice how bright the moon was last night?  That was the brightest the moon will be in 2010 - and if you looked just to the left of the moon last night, you could see Mars.  I really wish I had a fancy camera to capture it, but my little point-and-shoot was all I had available.  Obviously, the bright part of the image is the moon, and the little orange-y squiggle to the upper left of it is Mars.  It's hard to take non-shaky shots at night - and I even had the Image Stabilizer turned on.  We were fortunate enough to have clear skies, so we had a great view.  Very cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...