Skip to main content

Crazy Hair

We give Ava a bath at night, and usually her hair is a little wet when we put her down for the night.  The other morning, her hair was sticking up in all the wrong places.  When I went to get the camera, she started jumping in her crib, so inertia was causing the hair to be even more wild...  Crazy kid with the crazy 'do.

This pose doesn't even show the craziness - but she looks so calm here.



Side shot - still not doing it justice.



Here we GO!



She's also been enjoying running around naked before her bath every night.  I like how Lucky is giving her the evil eye in this picture.  It's a love/hate relationship for Lucky...she loves that Ava gives her food, but hates her when she comes near.  I don't think it's hate as much as it's "the unknown" (I mean, c'mon Lucky, she's been here for 19 months - you should be used to her by now...she's not going anywhere.)



Mommy had a fun day yesterday.  I went to a baby shower for my good friend Ali who is due on March 10.  She's such a cute pregnant lady!  This is a picture of Emilie, Ali and me.  We had a very fun time catching up!



Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey took Ava for the night, and Scott and I had the chance to go out on a date.  We went to Sunsets in Woodbury for dinner, and then went to Drac's to play darts, and the Cro to play bar games.  Scott and I made a pretty good team - we actually beat some of the high scores that Tiffany and I set almost a year ago!

Today's the big game for the Vikings!  We're one game away from the Superbowl - they haven't been there since the '70s, so it's time!  YEAH!

Comments

Lisa said…
OMG- LOVE the hair!! That is so funny! Dylan has had some crazy dos in the morning too.

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...