Skip to main content

Let's Toast!

I've tried to get past my fear of Ava choking on everything, and I decided to let her nibble/suck/gnaw on a piece of zwieback toast. She really liked the size of it - it was perfect her to hold in her hands, and amazingly enough, it dissolved in her mouth at just the right pace. She was never able to break off a big enough piece to cause a problem. Although, I tried a piece, and it's pretty bland. So, we've moved on to her sharing my toast (without butter) - much more exciting!

And yesterday I was cutting off small pieces of my pear and giving those to her. She really seemed to enjoy that...although we learned that a juicy pear piece is not the easiest thing for a baby to pick up! It eventually turns into a pile of pear juice.

Got it!


Ooops, I lost it!


When we let her crawl around our living room, she always heads straight for her bouncy chair. I decided to strap her into it, and while she still fits, it's questionable if she's comfy. I turned my back for 3 seconds to talk to Scott and she was hanging off the side of it, so I think we'll put that chair away until she's a toddler (it's meant as a toddler chair, too, once they get bigger.)

But look at how big she is in it now vs. when she was a newborn!


She's less than a week old in this picture!


Ava has started sleeping in a weird position - she'll be sitting up, and then decide to fall forward and fall asleep, so she's face down while sleeping. This has morphed into a somewhat sitting/laying position at night...I didn't want to wake her up so here's an image from the monitor. Crazy kid!

Have a warm week!

Comments

Lisa said…
What a cutie! She has the cutest dimples. I can't believe how tiny they were! They are so fun to watch while they try to feed themselves. And Dylan has been sleeping with his butt up in the air too - like he just fell over and fell asleep. They are so funny!
I definitely share in your fear of them choking. Plus Ryan has quite the gag reflex so it freaked me out even more! I'm a little braver with Owen, but still always nervous. So scary!!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...