Skip to main content

Chicks and, well, chicks!

Here are a few tame photos of the baby-free night my friends and I had over the weekend.

L-R: Angie, Dee, Corinne, Tiffany, Lisa



So, that takes care of one of the "chicks". What's the other you might add? Well, we decided to give Ava some chicken for dinner over the last few nights. It's the chicken and veggie dinner in the jar for babies, but it seemed like a good place to start. As always, I tried it before I gave it to her, and it wasn't bad. It needed some salt, but she doesn't know any different, so we left it alone for her!

She ate the whole jar AND half a thing of fruit for dessert. We are so lucky not to have a picky eater (yet) for a kid. She'll try anything - we haven't seen her refuse anything yet, so it'll be interesting to see what turns her off the first time.

We had an exciting 15 minutes with her sock tonight. She always manages to get them off her feet even though they're supposed to be "slip-proof" (yeah, right), so we decided to make it a toy tonight. She pulled and stretched it, she sent it flying, and when I put it on her hand, she simply pulled it off and looked at me like, "Mommy, I'm smarter than the sock."



I had a cute shot of Ava lined up, and then Spanky walked in front of me. How rude!


There's the baby again!


She got me!

We tried once again to take pics of her and me together, and this time we actually got pictures with both of us smiling (kinda) and neither of our eyes squinty. We'll just keep on tryin', I guess!



Enjoy the night!

Comments

Lisa said…
Oh, she's so cute! Dylan refuses to wear socks. Whenever I go to get him from his nap he has them off and is either chewing on them or they're flung around the room. He gets sweaty feet anyway, so I guess he's not cold! And cute photos of Mom and Ava!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...