Skip to main content

Two Month Checkup...

Ava is two months old today...I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. I return to work in a few short weeks, and although I'm really excited about our daycare provider (our neighbor), I'm sad to think I won't be spending all day with her.

We had her two month check up this morning, and she is a very healthy little girl. Her doctor even commented how good-natured she was. The only yucky thing today was that she received 4 vaccination shots...she cried, but not for long. It just breaks my heart to hear her cry like that. At least we won't have to do that again until her four month check up, and Daddy will be going along with us for that so Mommy doesn't have to suffer alone.

So, an update on her stats:
  • 23" long - 96th percentile
  • 10lbs, 14oz - 50th percentile
  • 15cm head - 50th percentile
Looks like she's still tall and skinny! As my friends have commented, "She's going to be built like her mom!" I hope she's taller than me, though!

She was hanging out with Daddy a few nights ago, doing a little tummy time on his chest - I loved the expression on her face in this picture.


Also, Darla and Spanky are worn out from this baby - I thought this was cute how they were sharing the chair for a nap.


Have a great Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...