Skip to main content

No Baby at the State Fair!

Scott and I had our first afternoon alone yesterday when we went to the MN State Fair. Grandma Deb did a great job baby-sitting Ava for several hours. Apparently she (Ava, not Deb) was a little fussy, but it was her first time away from both Mommy and Daddy at the same time, so I'm not surprised! We can't thank Deb enough for giving us the chance to have fun at the fair and not be worried about our little girl! (Although there were a ton of little babies there, and I did miss Ava while we were gone...she's never too young for her 1st cheese curd, right?!?)

We had fun this morning at breakfast - I put a pair of John Deere (that's for you, Dad!) keys in her hand, and she actually held onto them for a while. I also brought out her super soft teddy bear/blanket, and she tried to eat it. So, that didn't last too long, but it was fun!


We're heading to KC this weekend for a long visit with my parents...they haven't seen her since the end of June, so it'll be fun for them to see how much she has changed. And, we'll see how she does on the long car ride. Ugh.

Have a great night!

Comments

Lisa said…
Have a great trip to KC! Dylan did great on the way up to Washburn, but decided he needed to eat twice on the way home, so it took us a good 5 hours!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...