Skip to main content

Avoiding Procrastination

Last Sunday, I knocked out a big part of the Christmas shopping for this season.  Feels good to get it done!  My mom and I went to the yuuuuuge Canterbury craft show, and enjoyed a fun mom-daughter afternoon.  I'm so glad my parents have moved here - I feel so fortunate that we have the chance to see them so frequently.  Had I never moved thousands of miles away from them after I graduated from high school, I don't think I'd have this profound appreciation for now having them close.  It just took 20+ years to get to this space!

We found this awesome toy bow & arrow set for G for Christmas...he will love it! (And so will Ava, and Scott, and me...!)


Intertwined with the good feelings of being productive (at home and at work), we had a little bit of a negative.  G has been fighting fevers for the last 2 months or so.  He'll have an elevated temp, and then it'll be gone within a few days...no other symptoms.  Finally, we decided that enough is enough...time to take him to the dr to do some additional testing.  They were all ready to perform blood tests and urine tests (although that would have required to have him pee into a bag, and frankly, I can't imagine how this would work with a 3-year old) and then the nurse felt his neck and opted for one last test.  He had strep!  He's been on meds for a few days now and is back to his normal happy/whiny attitude, thank goodness!  We're supposed to watch him closely after the strep is 100% gone, and track any fevers past that point.  I hope that's all it was, but I can't imagine he could have had strep for 2 months and we didn't know?!?  Here's to hoping that's all it was, and there isn't anything more serious lurking below the surface.

Hoping for a Vikes win today!


I'm happy to report that I will finally be taking some time off of work...I haven't had any time off since mid-August, and I desperately need a few days to myself around the house.  G and Ava have school/daycare Mon-Wed next week, so I should be able to get quite a few things done around here.  Love being able to check things off my to-do list!

Yesterday we tackled a few such projects...we finally built the Halloween (yes, I know, it's way overdue) cookie house.  I figured it's more about the experience, and not about the specific holiday.  And while I thought I would be more control-freaky about how the house ended up looking, I realized that as long as I (ok, Scott had to help) got the house assembled, I am perfectly fine with Ava going nuts and decorating it however she sees fit!  She had fun, and that's what matters.  And, now I know that I will probably never buy a kit like this again.  I saw one where the house already came assembled, and all that was to be done was the decorating...I think we can swing that one!

She's holding the ghost she decorated...


Since I don't have much extra time to spare, and I still want to be able to volunteer for Ava's school, I signed up for "at home volunteering projects" and I received my first one on Friday.  I get to cut out approximately 20 snowflakes for a class project.  Let's just say that I am smart enough to know that I can't procrastinate on this one, and am about 1/3 of the way through.  As long as I tackle it a little bit each day, I'll make the Dec 1 deadline. For real, I can't mess this up! :)


Should be a great Sunday to spend with the family, watching the game, and taking it easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going