Skip to main content

Tick-tock...tick-tock...

This is it - things are going to start happening this week!

1. Baby G:  At my last check on Wednesday, I was still dilated to 1cm.  However, at my appointment this coming Wednesday, we are going to talk about possibly inducing at 39 weeks (which would be November 2.)  My doctor is on call that weekend, so it means that she would be the one delivering Baby G, which would be nice!  Baby G is still doing great - his head is still nice and low, heartbeat is strong, and my numbers are very good.

I, however, am exhausted.  I had this past Friday off of work, and Ava was at Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's after breakfast on Saturday morning, so I've had almost two solid days of Dee time (Scott was working.)  Unlike last weekend, I was not productive this weekend...and did a whole bunch of laying around, napping, and minor housework things.  And I think that's ok.  It won't be long before we go back to sleepless nights...so getting this extra rest now is perfectly justified in my mind.

And I'm pretty much ready to be done with work.  I don't want to say that I've checked out, but I'm in a good place to leave.  And that is a great feeling!

2. Ava: She has broken ears.  We had a rough week with her...she woke up two nights in a row, with nightmares about spiders and mosquitos.  And while she was able to go back to sleep, neither Scott nor I could, so we were zombie-like for a few days there.  Those rough nights turned into rough mornings.  My thought is that it should never take 20 minutes to put on a pair of socks and shoes. NEVER.  I don't have patience for things like that, and when you add lack of sleep onto that...well, let's just say it's a good thing that Ava was at school on Friday (my day off) and with her grandparents on Saturday.  We needed a bit of a break!

And now my little girl is dancing around to Mozart in her big, poofy white dress, pretending to be a princess.  These moments are good ones, so I'm trying to appreciate them!

On a positive kid-note...my friend Monica made a few gifts for Ava and Baby G...check out how cute they are!

This fabric is super sparkly - both Ava and I love it!

 
This might be inspiring our little ballet recital we have going on right now...

 
A cute little "taggie" for Baby G - he's going to love this!

 
(So sweet!)
A baby boy's a blessing
A gift from heaven above
A precious little angel
To cherish and to love



3. New house: I haven't been out there in a few weeks (hence the lack of pictures)...but that's mostly because we finally have our walkthrough scheduled!  There was a bit of mix up with the closing date (which I fought) and then they wanted the walkthrough to be later (which I fought)...so, there's been a lot of me pushing back on the builder lately.  We need to get this stuff done!  There's not much I can plan right now, so I'm grasping for any small thing that I can.

Here's how I see the next few weeks playing out (in an ideal world...of course, anything is possible!)  We'll see how reality pans out with this schedule...ask me in three weeks!

-Tues, Oct 29: Meet with moving company for est. on moving
-Wed, Oct 30: House walkthrough at 7:30am / Dr apt at 2pm to discuss induction options
-Thurs, Oct 31: Family fun / trick-or-treating
-Sat, Nov 2: Induction...Baby G comes?!?  PLEASE!?!
-Fri, Nov 8: House closing
-Tues, Nov 12:  Potential moving day!
-Sat, Nov 16: Dee in a wedding reception (this is a different crazy story, but will not get into details here)

And then...the chaos will be done.  We can focus on unpacking, getting to know our new little guy better, and settling into somewhat of a better routine.  And I cannot wait!  I need to be done with all of the unknowns in my life.  I need to be able to focus on the known items, and get my life back. 

I've been waiting many, many months for November 2013 to get here.  SO happy to see you (just around the corner!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh