Skip to main content

Father's Day / Birthday!

We had AMAZING weather today for Father's Day!  After an endless stream of rainy, gloomy days, the sun came out today, and there were blue skies and sunshine for most of the day.  Scott really wanted to smoke some meat today, and the weather cooperated.  I even took a break from my never-ending to-do list, and sat outside for a few hours, soaking up the warmth, and chatting with Scott, while Ava napped.  It was a fantastic afternoon!

Actually, it's been a pretty great week.  Ava's first week of summer camp was a blast, and she's already made new friends with some of the new girls in her class.  We're also prepping for her 5th birthday party next weekend...should be a fun time with some of her little friends!

I had Friday afternoon off of work, and went out to lunch and did some shopping with my friend Emilie.  I got some really cute maternity clothes, and I'm hoping that will get me through the next several months...without getting too bored of my wardrobe.  Ha!  We finished off the night by picking up Ava, and taking her to Cherry Berry.  She got quite the concoction of Cookie Monster-Birthday Cake-Strawberry-Mango Sorbet...and lots of sprinkles and fruit.  Yum?  But, she enjoyed it, and in the meantime, she ended up making a new friend with a little boy who was there.  We overheard their discussion about how each of their moms was going to be having a new baby soon...pretty funny!

Saturday morning started off with Scott's wallet going missing...right when he was trying to leave to get to work.  Ava was on the couch, watching the iPad while we were frantically searching the house.  After 20 minutes, I asked Ava if she had seen his wallet and she fessed up that she had hid it in the closet.  Even though this delayed Scott by 30 minutes, all we could do was laugh...such a sneaky girl!

Yesterday afternoon, we went to Scott's cousin's graduation party, where we had awesome food, and had a chance to catch up with family. Ava had a blast running around with the older kids...it was a very nice way to spend a Saturday night.

We had Grandma Deb, Grandpa Whitey and Great-Grandma Addy over for dinner tonight...part Father's Day celebration / part early-birthday celebration for Ava.  Ava was all wound up when it was time to open gifts...I can hardly wait to see what she'll be like throughout this week, with all of her little parties!

Enjoying a freezy-pop!

 
19 weeks!

 
SOOO excited!





 
This week is going to be so crazy, but at least it will be fun! Happy early 5th birthday to our sweet little girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...