Skip to main content

Where did May go?

Oh man...these past few weeks have been so busy that going back to work on Mondays has felt like a break. I'm not kidding, it's been insanely busy lately.

Arya squeezed in another prom last Saturday night (RHS, dinner with friends at Freddy's, prom on the U of M campus - East Bank). She looked so pretty!







But just hours before that, Arya and I spent 4+ hours on the UWRF campus, getting her registered for next fall and sitting in on new student registration sessions. She is super duper excited to be taking glassblowing in her first trimester! As a result of that session, though, we have a long list of tasks we need to do to keep up with the never-ending pile of prep for college. 

Shared with RHS for National Decision Day



She was also granted another scholarship from the local teachers' union. We are SO excited about this one - only two people were selected out of all of the applicants! We just found out this morning that it's for an even higher amount than what was presented when she first filled out the scholarship application. Awesome!

We attended a scholarship ceremony at RHS this past Tuesday morning, where Arya was presented with another scholarship she won through the RHS Foundation. So proud!

To wrap up a busy week, she had her last band concert in Central Park on Wednesday night. She played with the Wind Ensemble (the top band at RHS), and then all the seniors from the various bands played together. They were honored, and she even got a special shout-out for being selected Student of the Year for Art. My parents, Deb, and Scott were also there; I just didn't get pics of them.

We have spent the last eight years with her in band, and being done with it left me feeling very emotional. I'm so proud of her for sticking with it - it wasn't easy, and it was exhausting at times, but it taught her so many positive skills. Go Band!





G also had his final concert of the year, so we aren't completely done with music in this house. He's looking forward to continuing on next year! He's currently at a friend's house for a sleepover with his buddies. Last I heard, they were in the pool...and it's currently 60 degrees. Brrrr!

Trombones are always in the back!


Scott and I have been really busy, too, supporting the kids, but also working our jobs! And buying a new fridge. Ours pooped out last weekend, and we were very fortunate to be looking for a new one right around Memorial Day sales. So, even though we hadn't planned on buying a fridge anytime soon, we got a good deal on a really nice one. Our old fridge was 13 years old, so neither of us is surprised that it finally stopped cooling. Not the freezer, though...that was going strong until the installers took it away today!

We're looking forward to not having to shlep out to the garage fridge for food all the time. I bet Scott's ready to have that back as a general beer/drink fridge! We're hosting a small family get-together tomorrow, so I'm glad we were able to get the fridge before then. Looking forward to the long weekend to try to recoup from the madness over the last several weeks. Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...