Skip to main content

Staycation 2026

This past week was a focus on relaxation (for the two youngest members of the family). Arya and G were on spring break this week, and even though we didn't go anywhere fun, we had a nice and relaxing time at home. I took Friday off and took the kids to a local brewery that has added breakfast items to its menu... it was so good! After that, Arya and I ran errands and spent time together before she headed into work. 

Recently, we've been spending a lot of time refining her scholarship application essays. We're down to the final two that she'll be applying to for this round; however, this will be an ongoing process while she's in school. I won't lie: this has been taxing on me, as well. I haven't spent this much time on communications refinement in a long time. But if this can help fund some of her college costs, it will be time well spent. 

So grown up!

G has been busy playing (IRL and online) with a neighborhood friend, so he's been out of the house quite a bit this week. We have clearly moved on from the time when the kids were glued to me, non-stop, and while I'm a little sad about that, I love the independence that I see them gaining, which then gives me the ability to focus on other areas of my life.

Never fear, Pria's still right by my side!

I spent a lovely Saturday evening with my parents last weekend. It was wonderful having some 1:1 time with them, and the meal they prepared was divine! I feel so fortunate that they are both still alive and live close to us. 



Two more days before the kids head back to school, and we resume our work lives. This is an incredibly busy time of year for Scott, with DOT inspections, plus he's taking on some additional responsibilities at his full-time job. We've been really busy at my work, as well...it certainly makes the time fly by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...