Skip to main content

Back to RHSMB Activities

Marching band season has officially started! On Tuesday night, the kids kicked off the season with the first full marching band session. Ava met all of the incoming freshman, and she's feeling very positive about the group. They are hoping for 16 trumpets in the section this year (we'll see how that shakes out.)

And coming right along with the start of RHSMB is the first big fundraiser of the year. I'm the lead for the Heggies fundraiser, and I've been working on it for months, but it finally came to fruition this past Wednesday - it was pizza delivery day. 1300 total pizzas were sold! The weather was decent, I had plenty of volunteers (Ava rounded up a bunch of her friends to help with sorting/counting, and they're not even in band), and we were only short one pizza at the end of the night. I am so pleased that everything went well, and that I'm officially wrapped up as the lead. I will be happy to train and hand-off this responsibility to someone else next year.

Our family (mostly Scott 😀) sold 81 pizzas, so after Ava loaded them up at school, she and Scott headed out to the local spots to drop them off. We are so grateful for all of the support!

As a reward for all of my hard work, I treated myself to a glass of wine with dinner, after the pizza delivery was all done


We also decided to get new phones last week, so it's been a busy week of tracking deliveries and ordering all of the extras (screen protectors, cases, etc.) Ava picked out her first iPhone and she loves it. Scott and I switched from Motorola phones (which we've had for many, many years) to Google Pixel Pros. I haven't had a chance to switch all of our stuff over yet, but I'm looking forward to a smaller phone that fits better in my hands. We've decided to give G one of our current phones once he's done with 5th grade. There's nothing wrong with them, and this will help us avoid any potential phone price hike that we might be looking at this fall (thanks, tariffs!)

I'm volunteering for another fundraiser on Sunday afternoon (helping to setup silent auction items) at a local brewery, and then several of my friends are coming to meet me there, and we're going to have a happy hour! The weather looks perfect for sitting outside and enjoying the company. 

This past Thursday, I went into the office for a product meeting, and we went out for a happy hour afterwards. At the end of the hh, it was just the women who were left and we had an amazing time talking and getting to know each other better. We had very open discussions about politics and the state of the world. And we all left feeling like we need to keep this going on a regular basis. I miss building relationships by not being in the office, so I do think it's a priority to make an effort to get together with coworkers regularly.

Looking forward to the spring-like weather we have coming up next week...it's so great to see the bright sun again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...