Skip to main content

Growing Up!

We've hit the accelerated time of year where there's birthdays, parents days, multiple school activities, the desire to be outside more, etc etc etc. We've all got things to do and places to go!

Last Saturday night, we headed to my parents house for an early birthday celebration (for me!) With my birthday the day after Easter this year, it would have been a little tricky to squeeze in a birthday dinner on the same night we're prepping to host Easter dinner the next day. As usual, it was wonderful spending time with my parents, and per my (and Ava's request), my mom made me the bunny cake for my birthday. Whenever my birthday is near Easter, it's a fun (and unique) way to celebrate!




Ava started her elementary mentoring class this week. She headed back to her elementary alma mater, and is observing the art teacher for the next several weeks. She has also been recognizing some of the youngest kids from the daycare where she works. So far she's really enjoying it.

She looked so grown up on the first day she was observing...I felt like I was sending her off to her first "real" job!


She also enjoyed the cookie I decorated for her...I tried to make it look like her beloved Butterfly stuffie!


I went to the movie theater last Sunday for the final installment of The Chosen, season 5. It's such an emotional show to watch, and I'm so glad I've been sitting in the back of the theater for the shows so I can cry, as needed. I even recognized some other movie-goers from the 1st installment last month. It definitely has a large following!


I took my birthday off of work, so I'm looking forward to taking a lifting class at LifeTime and then heading into a massage at their spa. I'm really happy that I started taking the day off so I can focus on me for the day, and enjoy the things that I want to do!

Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...