Skip to main content

The Calm Before the Chaos

Yippee! It was the last week of school and work (for me) before the holiday time off! We made sure to pack it with fun things (well, some of us did.) The kids went to Taekwondo on Monday night, and then starting on mid-day Tuesday, Ava was sick. 

We used a new (to us) virtual pediatrician service, and she was diagnosed with the flu. Having recovered from the flu earlier this year, my heart went out to her. There was SO much happening at school this week (some fun stuff, but there were a ton of tests and quizzes.) She was able to make up some of the work on Friday before the long break, so we're grateful for that. She's feeling better now, but is still taking it easy.

On the other hand, G had a blast at school this week. In his words, "they weren't going to do much learning during the last few days of the week." And he's right, they didn't!

He loves the hot chocolate from Caribou!

G and I went to see Moana 2 on Tuesday night - such a good continuation of the storyline from earlier. 

And then we got a bunch of snow on Thursday. One silver lining from Ava staying home from school was that I didn't have to worry about her driving in the snowstorm and sliding on the ice. Her work had also overscheduled a bit, so she was able to skip work on Wed/Thurs to help with her recovery. 


I went out to dinner with friends on Thursday, and it was lovely. I am so grateful for the friends that I have made in the neighborhood. It took a few years to build those relationships, but it really fills my heart when I hang out with the Kristins!

There was also a lot of snuggling this week (just not with Ava until today...we didn't want to pass those germs around!)


Watching some sort of brain rot that only Gen Alpha could appreciate...



We're going to drive around and look at Christmas lights tonight (Saturday) so we're excited for that (as well as the hot chocolate that accompanies these adventures.) Just a few short days until Christmas is here - hooray!

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...