Skip to main content

Where did September Go??

Man, it has been a busy month! We've had events each weekend, which is why there's been a few weeks with no blog posts. Overall, everything is good! Ava's busy with the marching band, school, and work (she loves her job!), and G is busy with school and learning to play trombone. Scott and I are busy with work, and trying to keep up with the kid's busy schedule. Whew!

This weekend is nothing new...we've got a homecoming game performance (Ava), BOA regional competition in Des Moines (Ava), passing out goody bags for the trumpets early on Saturday (me), a high school play (me), Scott's up north for the weekend, and G has a dinner date with my parents since he can't be alone for too long by himself. And then G and I are hanging out 24/7 starting on Saturday morning! From start to finish, we are going to be maxed out this weekend.

I'll be excited to share (I hope) how the RHSMB does at the BOA regional competition in next week's post. But for now, here's what we've been up to:

Playing games and winning ducks at a local restaurant :)


First day of trombone lessons!


Rosemount's Annual Marching Band Festival - it was a great event, and well-attended. This was my view, watching the bands perform AFTER I was done with my volunteering shifts. A big thanks to my mom for helping out with the volunteer hours, as well!


This is the RHSMB, lining up to go into the stadium


Ava and I have both been sick, this was her post-cough face :(


Snuggling on the couch


Enjoying our friends' apple orchard that we go to every fall!








Ava bought herself a flute...turns out that this whole time, she really wanted to play the flute, and the trumpet was her 2nd choice. So, now it's the flute's turn!


We are truly in the run-yourself-ragged time of the school year with the marching band competition season kicked into high gear. I know it'll fly by fast, so although I'm really tired from all of the events, it's a passing thing, and it keeps Ava really busy and focused. Wish the RHSMB luck in regionals!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh

Happily Ever After?

Lately, I've been adding to the Disney Princess movies in our collection.  Last week I bought Beauty and the Beast for Ava.  That was never a favorite movie of mine, but now that I've seen it several times in the last week, it's growing on me.  I figure this is a good chance for me to catch up on some of the stories that I missed out on! Watching all of these princess movies has me thinking about fairy tales...why is it that it's always the evil stepMOTHER?  Or the mom is dead, and no one has taken her place?  Very rarely is it the father who is evil, or dead.  This has actually come up as a topic in more than one conversation lately, and has me a bit intrigued.  Fairy tales are often not very happy - and usually someone dies at some point.  I was a giving an overview of Snow White to a friend of mine, and as I was going through the story, both of us were horrified at the message - mom dies, evil stepmother wants to murder her pretty stepdaughter, and when she doesn

What's Black & White?

It's officially summer in Minnesota.  We've passed the 1-2 weeks where it's pleasant outside, and have moved into the hot and humid midwestern summer season.  This calls for some FUN in the SUN!  We were hoping that Ava would enjoy the water a little more this year than she did last year (I took her to several weeks of swimming lessons in a lap pool, where the temp of the water was just a wee bit too chilly.  It didn't go well for either of us.)  Plus, she has a new swimming suit I was anxious to have her try out, so at the very least, I knew she would look cute. :) So, Daddy decided to set up the sprinkler for her one night after dinner.  This, too, did not go very well.  Perhaps it's because he sprung the sprinkler on her without warning, causing her to run to me, with fear in her eyes, and very wet hands...  After that, we never got her to come near the sprinkler (way to go, Daddy), and she decided to play with my potted flowers...with her very wet hands.  This