Skip to main content

Back to School 2024...Pt 2

It's G's turn! He started 5th grade this past Tuesday. I absolutely cannot believe that we are in our last year of elementary school. This is the 12th year that we've had a kid in elementary. We've had great experiences with our school, but I am ready to level up, and enjoy this last year (of being an elementary school parent.) I have spent so much time at RHS over the last several years with Ava that the differences between the ages/responsibilities/expectations are very apparent.

G had a great first day of school and was happy to be in class with many of his friends!

Ava was very busy with school, RHSMB rehearsals, and work this week. Saturday night is the first competition of the MB season, and I'm excited to see it all come together. I haven't seen them perform in uniform yet, so it'll be a neat experience to finally see it under the stadium lights at a neighboring high school. Good luck, Irish!

Scott, Pria, and I are just existing in our kids' worlds right now. We work, we eat, we sleep...nothing too fun and exciting. I did end up going to a wine party with a neighbor on Friday night. I didn't drink more than 1.5 glasses of wine, but the next day, ooof, I felt like I had drank a bottle. I guess that's what getting older will do to ya!

One of the perks in working from home is that I can walk on my walking pad during the day (I have a wall desk that holds my laptop so I can walk and work.) I loved it when Pria decided to lay down in the sun right next to me this past week. What a great life!! (For both her and me!)


Ava and I always joke about Pria's tail when it bends like this. It's not broken, it just looks that way sometimes!


The outside air isn't hot anymore, and I just had my first pumpkin drink this fall...bring on the cooler temps! Although, I saw we're going to be in the upper 80's later this week. So confusing. But, I guess we should enjoy it before the snow flies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh

Happily Ever After?

Lately, I've been adding to the Disney Princess movies in our collection.  Last week I bought Beauty and the Beast for Ava.  That was never a favorite movie of mine, but now that I've seen it several times in the last week, it's growing on me.  I figure this is a good chance for me to catch up on some of the stories that I missed out on! Watching all of these princess movies has me thinking about fairy tales...why is it that it's always the evil stepMOTHER?  Or the mom is dead, and no one has taken her place?  Very rarely is it the father who is evil, or dead.  This has actually come up as a topic in more than one conversation lately, and has me a bit intrigued.  Fairy tales are often not very happy - and usually someone dies at some point.  I was a giving an overview of Snow White to a friend of mine, and as I was going through the story, both of us were horrified at the message - mom dies, evil stepmother wants to murder her pretty stepdaughter, and when she doesn

What's Black & White?

It's officially summer in Minnesota.  We've passed the 1-2 weeks where it's pleasant outside, and have moved into the hot and humid midwestern summer season.  This calls for some FUN in the SUN!  We were hoping that Ava would enjoy the water a little more this year than she did last year (I took her to several weeks of swimming lessons in a lap pool, where the temp of the water was just a wee bit too chilly.  It didn't go well for either of us.)  Plus, she has a new swimming suit I was anxious to have her try out, so at the very least, I knew she would look cute. :) So, Daddy decided to set up the sprinkler for her one night after dinner.  This, too, did not go very well.  Perhaps it's because he sprung the sprinkler on her without warning, causing her to run to me, with fear in her eyes, and very wet hands...  After that, we never got her to come near the sprinkler (way to go, Daddy), and she decided to play with my potted flowers...with her very wet hands.  This