Skip to main content

Pizza Pizza!

This week has been very pizza focused. We're wrapping up the first big fundraiser of the 24/25 RHSMB season and I'm one of the co-leads. I spent quite a bit of time at RHS this week. On Wednesday night, I was there gathering pizza money (so many sold this year!) This helped me to learn that this is the maximum fundraiser leading capacity that I have. I'm happy to help out, but it's been a lot of planning over the last few months, and now I'm super nervous for distribution on April 10. We generally do all of the sorting and distribution outdoors at RHS, and I'm worried about the weather. I know there's nothing that we can do about it, so I just need to come up with an alternate plan in the event of crummy weather.

Pizza aside...I also volunteered to measure for MB uniforms this past Monday morning (4 hours), and then was back to the high school that evening for a fundraising meeting. That was a lot of time spent at RHS for 1 week (and not during active MB time.) I was very happy to have the week wrap up at the end!

Other than that, I think we just had normal things going on this week...swimming, TKD, National Chinese Honor Society, etc. It was the beginning of the 3rd trimester, but Ava had minor adjustments to her schedule. 

I think the most exciting thing is that the kids are on Spring Break next week...and so am I! I decided to burn 5 PTO days, and take it easy with the kids at home. We have a few scheduled things, and a whole lot of relaxation ahead of us. We got hit with a snowstorm on Thursday night/Friday morning, and we're supposed to get more snow/rain at the beginning of the week. Weird weather for spring since we've had a very mild winter, but we desperately need the water. I drove by a cow watering hole the other day and it was really low. We don't want high fire dangers this summer!

Relaxing one night after work


And relaxing with Pria and a latte on Saturday morning


Wishing Grandma Deb a very happy birthday on Saturday - look at this beautiful card that Ava made her! 


I'm sure next week's post will be all about the non-adventures we had during the break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh