Skip to main content

Ka-POW!

Both kids are truckin' along with their taekwondo tests. Ava's orange belt FINALLY arrived, and she tested for (and passed) for her first stripe on Thursday night! G also broke some boards and earned his last stripe for his gold belt, so...he'll be getting an orange belt, too! I had a great chat with the lead instructor and he mentioned that Ava is doing so well...she has such focus, and he wishes that half of his black belts brought her level of intensity.



We're so glad that Ava finally found her niche! And, her niche is going to get a little bit bigger. She informed me on Thursday night that she wants to do Track & Field this spring! This will be her first official sport with the school, so I had to scramble to book a sports physical for her...we were able to get one on this coming Monday afternoon, which is a blessing. She'll start this adventure on April 18, and it'll run every day after school, through the week of May 23, with one meet per week. Scott and I think this is a great time for her to give it a try, before she gets to high school. If she really likes it, it could possibly work into her schedule, since it's a spring sport, and marching band will be done by the end of the calendar year. 

G has a fun assignment this upcoming week. The 2nd graders are focusing on poetry the next few weeks, and each student is assigned a day/time section where they get to yell "Poetry Freeze" at any point during their assigned time, and the whole class has to stop what they're doing, and the student gets to read a poem. Ava suggested that G read a Langston Hughes poem (not sure the kids would fully appreciate that?) but we went a little more basic and found a fun LEGO poem online. He'll enjoy reading it to everyone!

Sweet Pria is SO excited that spring is (almost) here. She's quite happy to lay in a patch of sunlit carpet, and she tries to go outside anytime she can. Her little nose is constantly sniffing, and I think she's on the hunt for rabbits in a neighbor's yard. I have to keep a close eye on her when we walk, as she really let's her nose take the lead.


Today was a nice , lazy day for me. It's hard for me not to be super productive on the weekends, but I was able to go at a slower pace, and still check things off the to-do list. Scott, on the other hand, has been working hard all day! I think we're all looking forward to relaxing evening at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...