Skip to main content

Week 5 at Home: Ho-Hum

Ok, ok, we might be getting a little bored with being at home, but we're doing a really good job on social distancing (since Scott works outside of the house, we're not going to include him on the "really good" assessment, but the other three of us are!)

We had a great Easter day last Sunday...the bunny came, even though it was a blizzard, and left sweet treats for the kiddos. G commented that last year they each got 13 eggs, and this year they only got 7 each. But, hey, who's counting, right?? We enjoyed our dinner from Bourbon Butcher, and I was able to watch the Easter service online, which topped my day off nicely.


This week was school-work-school-work-school-work-school-work...and then I took Friday off! It was so nice to be able to help G with his school stuff, at leisure, as opposed to trying to fit it in between meetings, and work that I needed to get done. He had a Zoom call with his classmates, as well as the school's computer teacher who lives on a farm. She showed all of the kids her chickens, which was really fun, as they are right in the middle of an animal unit for school. They only have 10 days left before they meet the baby chicks who are incubating at their teacher's house!

Other than a few big meltdowns, G had a pretty good week. Ava has been having really good weeks all along, so no complaints about her! I had picked up a cool Harry Potter Legos set for her, so that was an end-of-week treat that she had fun putting together. (G also got a Minecraft Lego set, so that kept him occupied for about an hour...sweet silence...)

Ava was being really silly and ate all of the cookie and left the thick frosting...



I found an online 6-week course for tweens who are interested in learning how to draw anime. Ava was pretty excited about it, so I've signed her up for it. It's on a flex schedule, which means she doesn't have to do any video calls, and can submit assignments/drawings at her own leisure. Starting on April 24, she'll be able to start with this new(ish) hobby, and I'm excited for her!

This was her drawing that she did for Easter...so cute!


We supported another local business this past Tuesday night, and ordered the Kids Night pizza kit from Carbone's. It came with 4 dough balls, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni to make individual pizzas. It was fun and something to break up our monotonous evenings at home. And, it tasted good, too!



Ava wanted to make a calzone-type thing, and G had the most perfect looking pizza!


Things are changing a bit at my work, as all contractors have been let go. This means I will be taking on a project that I had worked on in my first year at Patterson, but then moved on to a regulatory project. I'm a little apprehensive about the work because it's more technical, but I know I have the support of the team and I will ask questions, as needed. If anything, this will give me a chance to learn something new, so I will embrace it! I mean, what other option is there, honestly? I'm very happy to have a job right now, and I am so fortunate that it's at Patterson. They have been a great employer, and have helped me to re-set my work-life balance in the last 16 months, and for that, I will always be grateful.

We're looking forward to the beautiful weather at the end of this weekend, plus Scott won't have to work, so he'll be home with us. Hooray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh