Skip to main content

Do You Want to Build Jeffy the Snowmannnnnn?

The weather was so beautiful and snowy last Sunday that I felt compelled to get G out of the house to soak in some sunshine. Let's set the stage...it was Groundhog Day and Phil did NOT see his shadow (hooray!) There were bright blue skies, an air temp of 42 degrees, and a wind chill of 34 degrees...all in all, not a horrible February day in Minnesota. We've certainly seen worse!

We trekked over to the neighborhood park, and slogged through the slushy, yet crunchy, snow of the parking lot to the play area. G explored the forgotten play equipment, and he made the tiniest snowman imaginable. Seriously. It was a snowball. He was saving all of his snowman-making skills for the adventure that was waiting back at home. Scott had promised him they would build a big snowman once we got back from the park. And so they did! Even Ava joined in the fun (I was so happy to see her come out of the house and have some outside activity time.)




There was some debate over his name, but we went with Jeffy. Ava does not accept that name since that's what G picked. Sigh....


I'm not really sure why Scott gave Jeffy a carrot mohawk, but I think it add character? Maybe? In any case, the coal fell off of Jeffy's face, and Scott took most of the carrots away and put them under our front porch (we know there are bunnies there), so now we're left with a snowman with two arms, two carrot horns, and a nose. Super weird to see that every day this week as I arrive at home...but at least he's guarding the house well. :)

On a non-weather note...we had a nice surprise when we got our weekly local paper on Friday. The Dance-Twirl team was featured as winning the state championship in several events, and Ava's picture was in the paper! The pic was from two events prior, and Ava's Performance Team didn't win the state title, but shhhh, no one needs to know that but you and me... :) It was neat seeing her pic in the paper, regardless!


Today is a typical Feb day, as we are in the middle of a serious snowstorm. Scott's got his plow hooked up, and will be taking G plowing with him this later this morning. Fun stuff, but I'm happy I get to stay at home and watch the snow fall from the inside. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...