Skip to main content

Busy Bees

This past week was exhausting. Too much fun stuff going on, and we didn't want to miss any of it!

Last Saturday, my mom, Ava, and I took the light rail downtown to watch the Twins game. The 5th graders from Ava's school were singing the national anthem - and they did great (see video below!)

We went downtown early and hit up Starbucks and walked around for a little bit before we needed to meet up with the group for the game. The seats were decent, the food/drinks were way too expensive, and the weather managed to keep it together so we weren't drenched...that was a big concern leading up to the game. We ended up staying until the 5th inning and hopped back on the light rail to head home. We finally had a chance to go out for a birthday dinner that night, so we needed to be back before the game was over.

Train pics for G :)



Totally loving her hot chocolate from Starbucks


Yay Cardinals!


We made it to Target Field!


Nice view from our seats, plus we were in row 1 so there was no one in front of us!


The 1st 10,000 fans got a free Twins hat with ear flaps - they were well used on this somewhat chilly day


Lookin' good, kids! Ava is the last one on the far right in the front row.


Ava is also on the jumbo tron - she's the last one in the shot on the far right


Back with us to enjoy the game


On Sunday, we had a tiny bit of time to relax and catch up around the house. Mid-afternoon I headed out to meet up with some friends to watch Mamma Mia at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. It was a great show, and the food was also yummy. But, it was a long night and I didn't get home until 9:30pm or so.

That led into Monday where after work/school, Ava and I decided to go to the movies and see Shazam! before it was out of the theater. Watching a movie the same weekend that Avengers: Endgame opened was a splendid idea - our theater was empty except for the two of us. Hooray!


Tuesday night was a bonus night - no baton, hooray! But, I had a production deploy that night, so I worked until 10:45 or so. I was very tired and tried not to fall asleep while online with my co-workers.

Wednesday night was fun...Ava had her year-end baton photo session, so while she was getting dolled up and photographed, I had a chance to chat with some other moms that I hadn't seen lately. Ava and I also checked out a new cookie shop right next door to her studio - the cookies are HUGE!!! We might have to get some this week.

The only somewhat-bummer was that our internet/tv was out from 1:30pm on Wednesday until mid-morning on Thursday. It was super quiet at our house during that time, but even better...the kids actually played together. It was so sweet to see!

Ava never lets G hug her, so I was over the moon when they were cuddling on the floor while I was getting ready for work!


Thursday night was non-stop go-go-go! Ava had her last 5th grade band concert (SO good!) These 5th graders have done an excellent job learning their instruments, and I'm so proud to hear how well Ava plays. I think she has some natural talent! I also met one of the middle school band instructors, so that was good to put a name to a face.

Ava's wearing the light yellow shirt


Star Wars! Loved that the trumpets started it off!


After the band concert, we went out for a quick dinner, and then headed home because I had another production deploy...and it was a big one as our vet site got a major facelift. Looks great now! I was online with my co-workers until 11:30 that night. Talk about sleepy! We had also been in all-day meetings with a vendor for the project that I'm on - no downtime during the day.

Friday was a bit rough. Coupled with the two late nights working, as well as the myriad of fun activities during the week, I was exhausted. I dealt with some post-release issues for our site, as well as attended another full day of meetings with the vendor who was in town. At 4:15pm, I packed it in, and headed out. I met up with Scott for a drink and then picked up G and went home...BUT, only for a few hours! My mom, Ava, and I had plans to see Legally Blonde, the musical put on by a local high school. The kids did a great job, and we even saw one of Ava's baton teachers in the cast. Fun!



Saturday was a blissful day, free of plans. Well, Scott worked, but I stayed at home with the kids, G and I went to the park, and then we went out for dinner. G cashed in his "choose the restaurant for dinner" Easter Egg card, and we whooped it up at Applebee's. Wheee! The kids were happy and so were Scott and I. The rest of the night consisted of following the plan to watch the Marvel/Avengers movies, in order of release...so it was time for The Incredible Hulk. I'm really, really glad we made it past that one...I'm not sure that any of us thought it was a great movie. Next up...Iron Man 2. YES!

G and Puppy loved going down the slide...woohoo!



Today looks to be a good day, as well...it's partly cloudy, but my mom and I are going to take a walk this afternoon, and Scott has plans to smoke a turkey for dinner. That will be so tasty! And, frankly, I'm already looking forward to going to bed. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh