Skip to main content

Vets, Parks, and Pools

What a great Saturday we had! We started off our day with a quick trip to the vet to get Lucky's last vaccine that she needs to be boarded while we're gone. Lucky girl...it wasn't even a shot, it was a nasal spray they gave her. Hooray!

Morning snuggles to get the day started off right



Quite conveniently located down the hill from the vet is the city park, so G had fun playing, while Ava kept Lucky entertained in the area. I offered to hold Lucky so Ava could play, but she didn't have interest in playing on the equipment. She was happy to walk Lucky around to sniff all of the delightful smells that one will find in city park.

After we were done on the playground equipment, we pretended to perform on stage at the park's amphitheater, and then we explored a new (to us) trail by the park. We discovered a pond with a lovely view, and made friends with a beautiful butterfly and a fuzzy (but dead) caterpillar.





We were sweaty messes after that, and when we drove by the neighborhood pool, and saw that it was mostly empty, it was a sign that we needed to go swimming. I'm usually a planner, but yesterday's adventures had me throw caution to the wind, and be a little more spontaneous with my kids. And it was lovely. I had the chance to see Ava's underwater swimming skills, and G finally had a chance to practice putting his head in the water. I think we need to invest in pool toys and make sure we get down there to enjoy the amenity more frequently!

Waiting patiently for me to catch up to them...and wearing their towels as capes


The rest of the afternoon was spent doing house chores, but at a relaxed pace. Ava headed out to Rock-n-Jump with a friend, so she was gone for most of the afternoon, while G slept. I got caught up on a few things, but didn't stress out about it. Maybe it's because I'm not going back to work for 10 days, and I don't feel pressured to cram all of my required chores into a short 2-day time frame.

Scott worked for most of the day, so he missed out on these fun times, but last night, we were invited to the neighbor's house for movies in their yard (for the kids) and drinks around their fire (for the adults.) It was the perfect way to cap off a really wonderful weekend day. With how much I've been working lately, there hasn't been a ton of time for fun, so it was time to take a break and enjoy a nice (HOT) summer day.

The next 10 days are all about re-prioritizing what's important in my life, and making sure that we relax and recharge from our busy summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...