Skip to main content

Bug Man

I'm struggling to remember what we did this week...this weekend has been so good, so relaxing. Apparently, whatever happened last week is just a distant memory!

I do recall that G had some extra visitors at daycare on Monday. Some with many feet, some with wings, and some with a shared DNA. A few weeks ago, we learned that the Bug Man from the zoo was going to bring in some creepy, crawly creatures. G hates bugs. A lot. The daycare kindly gave me a heads up so we could have extra support there for G. Thank goodness for Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug! They were able to stop by and help wrangle some bugs and kids. And...I heard from several teachers that G did much better than expected!






I also remember that we managed to sneak in a dinner out with the kids. We always split the seats where it's one parent/one kid per side of booth. But this week, G insisted that he sit by Ava. It was so odd to see both kids across from us. But, it was nice to actually sit by Scott!

He was watching her chip very closely...



 The weekend started off on a great note when I was able to enjoy Friday afternoon on several different patios in Minneapolis. The weather was perfect, the food & drinks were good, and the company was wonderful! I received the strangest text from Scott while I was out, though...it contained this picture, and something about "new pet"...

 
When I got home that night, I met the sweetest little bunny from our backyard. Turns out we have a nest in the grass in our retaining wall in the backyard. We found four little ones in there! Scott is not a fan of rabbits, but he seems to really like the first bunny he found. We have named him "Hops".

To cap off perfect days, we've spent the last few nights at our neighbor's house. They have a great patio with a firepit, and they've added a projector with a screen so the kids can watch movies while we're outside. Friday night I was there till 1am! Last night, Scott and I left right before midnight. It's a very relaxing way to end our busy days.

Found this little fairy garden on my afternoon adventure in Minneapolis on Friday


 Today, we'll be working outside on a few projects, and enjoying more family time. It finally feels like summer is here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...