Skip to main content

The Magical Game Day Bunny

I often feel like I have a checklist of things to do for Ava's school and G's daycare...this week we had to take a family picture and find shoes for Ava to donate (school wide competition on which classroom could collect the most pair of shoes for donation...at last count, Ava's class had 70 pairs.  Pretty impressive!)

I always start the day off with good intentions, and have a running list in my mind of everything we need to accomplish that day, but by the time I get home at night, that list is often out the window, and all I have energy for is eating dinner, getting the kids ready for bed, and then crashing on the couch.  But on Thursday, I realized we had run out of time for the family pic, so we all squished onto the couch after dinner and said cheese!  Kind of.  It was really hard to get a decent pic of all of us, and the look on Ava's face made me laugh in this one.  We all look exhausted!




G was home sick one day this week...he had a fever and a cough, and just wasn't acting like himself.  He's doing better now (still not 100%)...I'm sure it's because of the love and attention that Grandma Karen paid to him when he was home from daycare during the day.  Thanks for watching him, Grandma K! :)

It's important to match your food to your utensils.



Yesterday was cold.  Like, really, really cold.  So, of course Ava came downstairs dressed in a skirt and short sleeve shirt...with all sort of accessories.  She called this look "the Magical Game Day Bunny"...pretty interesting since I don't think she knew there were some important football games yesterday.  She can dress however she'd like today if it helps the Broncos win the game against the Steelers!  I wonder if we have a horse-ear headband stashed away in her dress-up clothes somewhere...



Just to mix things up a bit, we met up with some friends last night for dinner.  They're on a plane to Mexico right now (we decided not to go this year) and were staying right by the airport, so it was easy, in theory, to get together.  Much like we had movie theater issues last Saturday night, we had serious parking lot issues last night.  We circled the parking lot at their hotel for at least 15 minutes, and there was no place to park!  Thank goodness everyone is flexible, so we changed the plans and went to Friday's for dinner instead. 

I ran into a lady in the restaurant bathroom who had her son (3 years, maybe?) with her, and as he was walking out of the stall, his pants completely fell off.  She sighed heavily, and at that moment, we totally bonded.  I said "It's exhausting, isn't it?" to which she replied "I'm so ready for bed."  It was 8pm on a Saturday night.  This is the life of a mom with young kids!

Dee and Tiff - and crazy G!


Scott, Darren...and G!  That kid gets around.


Isabel, Ava and Evy...entranced by the phone...


Scott and my dad are headed off to the Sportsman's Show in St Paul today, so the kids and I are going to hang out at home, where it's warm, and hopefully Grandma K will come over to keep us company!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...