Skip to main content

True Love

Last night, we (Ava and I - and Scott, in theory, but he was studying the back of his eyelids before the opening scene) watched the movie Maleficent.  I always thought that Sleeping Beauty was the princess that no one ever talked about (that was before the princesses became a SUPER BIG DEAL in recent years...and now Aurora is a household princess name.)  In any case, I was intrigued to see what the movie was about, and it's easy to use Ava as an excuse to watch anything princess-related. :)

Turns out that the movie was about Maleficent (I know, shocking!) and how it's possible to be a hero and a villain, all at the same time.  But, mostly, it was about love, and how it can thaw even the coldest of hearts.  It got a little scary at times, and Ava started asking me a lot of questions about friends, and why friends do things to hurt each other.  Ava and I both stayed awake until the end of the movie (amazing for a variety of reasons) and it left both of us with things to think about. 

It was a good flick - I'd recommend it.

Our house was hit with a few different bugs this past week...Ava had a headache and sore throat, and I had some intestinal issues.  We've both recovered, but it made the week go by in a blur.  Ava did have all green days at school this week, so that's awesome!  And G has been taking a few hesitant solo steps every day...he's not quite sure if he wants to do it, but when he doesn't think about it, and just goes for it, it's a success!

Scott and my dad worked for several hours yesterday installing a heater in our garage so it'll stay at a comfortable 35 degrees during most of the winter, and then we can bump it up a bit to melt the snow off the vehicles during the winter.  Plus, it'll make it better for him to work in it during these cold months.  All I know is that when I checked on the progress yesterday afternoon, there was a hole in the side of the garage (to vent the heater) and I quickly shut the door and walked away...I'm assuming that everything will be installed properly and look nice at the end.  I don't need to see the entire process happen!

I had a super fun impromptu happy hour on Friday night with some coworkers...it was totally unplanned, and we had a blast!  We've had some pretty rough weeks lately at work, and it was great to kick back for a few hours, and have some laughs...and it was an excellent start to the weekend.

We just finished a very nice breakfast of cinnamon rolls, bacon and strawberries...and there's a full agenda for the day, so we've gotta get moving.  The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the ground is covered in white sparkles - looks like it's going to be an amazing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...