Skip to main content

On the Bright Side...

There are some weeks where it's best not to relive some events that happened...and this is one of them!  What a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad week that I had at work.  It ended with me working from 1:30-3:30am on Friday morning...and it didn't get any better during the day on Friday.  It's a darn good thing that happened on Friday and I've had a few days to recover!


But, we've had a pretty good weekend so far!  I had a chance to do a few fun projects that I've had brewing for a while...it was so nice to take time to do something that makes me happy.  I forgot how much I enjoy being creative and crafty.  On Saturday, there was a trip to the park, a friend's 30th birthday party, and then a visit with the neighbors while the guys were watching the UFC fight.  I was exhausted by the time I got home and promptly fell asleep by 10pm.  Such a night owl! :)

Today, Scott and G are going to visit Great-Grandma while Ava and I head to the Mall of America to check out the Barbie and the Dreamhouse "exhibit".  We're meeting our friends Lynda and Isabel, so it should be a fun time!

The rest of my free time is going to be spent getting things in order before I leave for Florida on Wednesday morning.  Emilie and I are heading to Daytona Beach for a few days, and then to Orlando for a day.  I fly back home on Sunday, but she'll stay in FL until the following Wednesday.  I would have liked to have stay that long, but it just wasn't feasible with daycare/school, etc.  Plus, I know I'll miss my family!  BUT, when I get home, assuming that everything at work is going well enough, I am taking that Monday and Tuesday off, and will be at home, all by myself, to get more house stuff done.  Yippeee!  My spirits have been so lifted since we organized the laundry room...I just feel a million times better when things are put away and look neat! 

We've got plans to lay down sod sometime this month, and as a nice surprise, Charter came and buried the cable in our yard yesterday.  I'm searching for a cute table/chair set for our front porch so we can enjoy some time outside in the morning sun.  We're all ready for summer to come!

Ava had a decent week at school...they had a field trip to a nature center, and she managed to get 3 greens, 1 yellow, and 1 red (grrr) day.  G was supposed to have his 6 month appointment, but Scott rescheduled it for a few weeks from now - it's late enough in the evening that I might be able to meet them.  Little G also tried green beans for the first time this week...he liked them better than the rice cereal, but I think he was still a bit disturbed by the taste and texture.  (Although, he's smiley, as usual, in the pics below.)



Oh!  We also had a very nice day with my parents before they left last Monday...it was rainy and stormy, so it was a great time to stay inside and visit with them.  I'm already looking forward to the next time we see them!


Time to get moving...with so much to do, these weekend days start early!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...