Skip to main content

This is Real Life

When I take pics of Ava and Garrett, I usually end up taking 30 of them, and I'll be lucky if one or two turns out well, where both are looking at the camera, and maybe even with a grin or two.  We had a picture perfect moment yesterday, with Ava holding Garrett, while both were sitting on our bed.  By the time I ran back with the camera, the moment had deteriorated, but...let's capture the moment anyway!

I love Ava's big bored eyes in this one, like "Why won't he be quiet?  I'm trying to stuff a pacifier in his mouth!"


Ava says, "I have completely lost interest in holding Garrett, and would much rather watch SpongeBob..."


And, done.  Garrett is now closer to the unicorn's butt, than he is to his sister.  But, I think he has stopped crying.  Bonus!


We also located Ava's Bumbo chair and decided to see how Garrett liked a different view of the world.  We noticed he was starting to get a bald spot from lying down in his crib/swing/car seat so much. :)

I think he likes it!


We had a very nice Valentine's Day this past Friday.  We enjoyed a nice dinner at home, complete with chocolates, wine and flowers.  We ended up going out for dinner as a family on Thursday night, instead, and the restaurants were packed then, so I can only imagine how crazy they were on Friday night!

I also picked up G's three month photos this week...I think they turned out great!




Ava was sent home earlier this week with strep throat - we cannot catch a break in this house!  I think we might just have a full 5-day week coming up...for Ava.  Tomorrow is a make-up day at school - she was supposed to be off for President's Day, but due to all of the school closings in January, her district decided it was to be an instructional day.  Hooray!  G still doesn't have daycare, but that means that I will spend a nice, quiet day at home with him.  We'll have to squeeze in a few errands after we drop Ava off at school tomorrow morning, but am looking forward to some down time with the little guy.

Where do the weekends go?  It seems like they fly by, and before we know it, it's Sunday night, and we have to start the week all over again.  So much to do...and just not enough time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...