Skip to main content

2013 Holiday Fun!

Well, another Christmas is in the books...and it was a fun one!  We opted to stay in Minnesota for Christmas this year (can't imagine traveling with a 7-week old...) so it took some (self-induced) pressure off of getting ready for the holidays.  The weeks leading up to Christmas were busy enough - I can't imagine trying to add a trip in there, as well!

We had fun with so many things this holiday season: making fudge, driving around looking at Christmas lights, going to parties, visiting with Santa, wrapping gifts (haha, not really fun...), spending time with Scott's family on Christmas Eve, and enjoying Christmas day in our new home.

Next up: we're hosting a little party at our house on New Years Eve, so that should be fun.  I'm SO ready for 2013 to be over!

I spent some time this past week getting things in order to go back to work on January 21.  My email inbox is cleaned out, I shifted my hours a bit to accommodate an additional daycare drop off (YES!), and I've even learned that I'll be getting a new project when I get back to work.  I can't believe I go back in 3 weeks!!!

We did find daycare for Garrett...I was getting really nervous that we weren't going to find anything for him, and we'd have to settle for something that wasn't quite right.  A referral from another daycare (with no openings) came through...and I'm glad I called when I did.  She received a few other calls right after me, so I got in at just the right time.  She's an in-home provider, located less than 2 miles away from our house.  AND, she'll have room for Ava over the summer and for next year before school (she's in the same district as us, so Ava can ride the bus to school from there!)  Of course, we need to take a look at the pricing for Ava, but man, that would be so convenient to be able to bring both kids to the same place!

The house is still slowly getting unpacked.  I worked on the office a bit today, and tomorrow, it's all about G's room!  At least he's completely oblivious to the boxes in his room!  G, Ava and I have a playdate scheduled next week with a bunch of women/kids from the neighborhood. Can't wait - and I know Ava will be excited to meet more kids in the area.

Ava was enjoying a snowy sled ride in our backyard


Cuddling with the kiddos on the couch


Trying out a few different carriers for G - but both made my back hurt.  He just loves to be held!



SOOOO big!


Enchanted by his mobile...


Love that smile!


And I love it when he sleeps!

 

Leaving letters, fudge and eggnog for Santa


Christmas joy...maybe.



This was quite a surprise gift from Scott's grandma!


Ava was excited to see what Santa had brought her.


Success!


Our first foray into Legos...we had fun!


The first thing Ava asked for was a rattle for Garrett.  She couldn't remember that she was going to ask for a pogo stick (momentary panic, perhaps...) so when she told Santa she wanted something to jump on, he guessed a trampoline.  Nope!  Not going down that path...or even the pogo stick path! :)


Enjoy the remaining days of 2013...they won't be here long!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...