Skip to main content

Rock On!

And when I say "rock on" I'm totally referring to sheet rock...something that we've been waiting to see for a loooong time in our house.  Now that the sheet rock is up, I'm pretty sure we can schedule our closing, and get a better idea for when we'll be able to take ownership of our new house!  We've also started discussing a plan for moving, so we need to get working on that, as well. 

Thank God that the end is near for our time at this rental (fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx us!)  Scott and I were discussing last night that our housing situation this summer truly has been less than ideal...I think we've both been trying not to let it bother us, but the way the foreclosure/sale has gone down has left us with a bad impression.  We will be VERY happy to get into our own place again!

We have a front porch - yay!

 
The garage...huge.  And, now, with a service door!

 
View inside from the front door (study on right)

 
Looking into the study - need some good ideas on how to organize/decorate this room so it looks nice, but is still a functional office

 
It was getting dark when we went to the house and there was NO way I was going to check out the basement without a light.  But, I hear that the floors have been poured down there. :)

 
Our family room

 
And kitchen - so excited for the pantry!

 
The guest bedroom upstairs (still waiting on that window to be replaced...)

 
Ava's room!

 
My laundry room

 
Baby Boy's room - and Scott checking out the property lines (story to come shortly)

 
Our master bedroom - I like the tray vaulting!

 
Master closet on the left, master bath on the right

 
Shower and tub!

 
So, when we were there last night, it was pouring rain...but Scott wanted to check out the stakes and property lines in our backyard.  He got very wet and muddy, but he determined that the neighbors built their fence in about 6' into our yard and the back on one side, and the other neighbors laid sod about 3' in on the other side.  So, where our property lines should be straight back, it looks like we've been wedged in a bit.  Scott wants to talk to the builder so they can address the issue with the neighbors...and I just want it to be handled tactfully so we're not "those" people when we move in.  I see it from the taxpaying point of view, but I also want to make sure that we enjoy the neighborhood, and can make friends there!  Should be an interesting discussion...
 
The siding (or "the color" according to Ava) has also been added to the back, but we had a slight change in the board & batten color for the front, which led to a few more external color changes.  It should be fun to see how it all comes together.  We're pretty neutral in our color choices, so at least we have the freedom to add color to the house with plants, etc.

In other news...Ava's first full week at Kaposia was a success!  Scott got a call from her teacher, just to let us know that Ava is doing great.  He didn't have much more info than that, so I think I need to re-route the calls so they come to me...so I can ask questions. :)  Gotta know how my baby girl is doing!

Ava and I worked on some homework yesterday before she went to Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house.  She needed to come up with three rules that we follow in our house, and then I needed to help her write them down.  It took a bit of time (and reminders to focus) but we did finally get three full sentences on the piece of paper.  Once again, I am impressed by people who can be teachers...or childcare providers of any sort.  They have the patience of saints!

Scott made BLTs the other night for dinner, and I noticed Ava giggling at her chair.  I looked over and asked why she had made a face on her sandwich.  And not just any face...a mad face.  I'm still not sure what the answer was because I was so distracted by the sandwich.  Once again, I'm shown that it's the little things that can bring joy to ordinary moments!

 
As for me, I'm 32 weeks, with just 8 weeks to go....yahooooo!  According to averages, Baby Boy is about 17", and 4 lbs right now.  He's running out of room to move, but let me tell you, he's finding crevices to explore that I didn't know existed.  I'm thinking that I need to start a special moving box for him...diapers, creams, onesies, etc., that we'll keep handy, since we won't be able to have his room ready by the time he comes.  I know we'll have enough going on that at least if we have the basics readily accessible, we'll be scrambling less for things.  Which reminds me...I need to stock up on diapers, creams, onesies, etc... :) 
 
 
 Time to get moving...lots to do and not nearly enough time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...