Skip to main content

Two Second Update!

The time has arrived...it's moving week!  And, review your new house week!  And, hey, launch another big project at work week!  Maybe, it'll be...feel the baby move for the first time week, too! :)

Last week, Scott and I made our selections for our new house at the Design Studio.  Thank goodness we agree on things, otherwise, that could have been a painful process.  Oddly enough, the only thing we got stuck on was the exterior lighting for the garage.  Stuck to the point where we had to move on, and revisit it (we eventually resolved it...)  We were very happy with the standard offerings, so the only place we chose to upgrade was the carpeting, the carpet pad, and the flooring for the baths/mudroom.  Well worth the cost to do it now, rather than later.

Yesterday, we met with the sales agent to review the drawings for the floorplans.  We had a few minor tweaks, and a surprise that we were unaware of (all good!) so the next step is to get the final drawings reviewed, have them put together our selections, and submit it to the city for review.  Once that is back in the builder's hands, a hole will be dug, and the fun will begin!  All told, it should take about 100 days once the hole is started.  My only thought is...get it done before the baby gets here!

Back to our current house...we've been packing, discussing moving plans, getting rid of stuff, etc. Nothing like moving to help you determine what you really need in your life...  I'm concerned that we're not going to get it all done in time this week, but as long as we stay focused, we should be able to use the most of the 24 hours we have in each day.  I just keep thinking..."in less than one week from now, we'll be moved..."  Our closing is this Friday morning, so there truly is an end in site.

And then I need to focus on planning Ava's 5th birthday party, looking at a short trip to Colorado, getting Ava signed up for a new sport this summer, and everything else that I've been putting to the back of my mind lately. 

On a fun note...my parents came to visit last weekend (and were a HUGE help) in helping us get prepped to move.  We didn't do anything too fun except focus on house stuff, which was desperately needed.  My mom loves to pack, so she kept me going even when I wanted to quit.  It also gave us the chance to spend Mother's Day together, which we haven't done in probably close to ten years.  So, THAT was the best gift I could have received for that day!


By the next time I post, one huge stress will be gone...happy sigh...  Enjoy the rest of this weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...