Skip to main content

The Good, The Bad & The Rock Star

The good news:
  • The house will be listed this Friday, 2/22 - hoping that the third time is a charm for this listing!
  • The house projects leading up to the listing are winding down, and now it's just time for a good cleaning and some de-cluttering.  The fireplace renovation looks great - way to go, Scott!
  • We survived a one-hour wait for dinner on Valentine's Day, even though we had reservations.  We made friends at the bar, so it wasn't all bad...
  • Ava and I managed not to kill each other while signing her name to her Valentine's Day cards for pre-school.  You'd think that with a super short name like hers, it wouldn't be a big deal.  But, it was painful.  Another reminder that I would not make a good teacher...lack o'patience!
  • At the same time we were signing her name to the cards, she was reading the list of classmates to me.  And I mean reading!  She read the names to me in order that they were on the sheet!  And we've been working on sounding out words this week. I'm just so impressed with how her little mind works and soaks up the knowledge.
  • Ava's BFF at pre-school is a little girl named Ellie.  Ellie's mom and I finally met on Friday morning and we exchanged numbers...apparently Ellie talks about Ava non-stop, and we both think it would be great to do a playdate soon.  Yay!  In fact, when Ellie and Ava saw each other on Friday morning, they stopped at the front door to give each other a big hug.  So cute!  That makes my heart happy.
  • My big work project is well underway, and we have official approval to launch the site this coming week.  It's been a very busy eight months leading up to this point, and it's hard to believe that the launch is almost here.  We've still got huge amounts of work to get through, but we're going to celebrate a little bit this week.  Whew...
  • Spanky managed to survive the week.  Just a few days ago, we were sure we were going to have to put him down this weekend, but that dog is a survivor.  He was actually wagging his tail yesterday, and he's even been sniffing around for some food, so his appetite is coming back.  It really is good news, but at the same time, we know the end is coming, and it feels like we're drawing it out a bit.
  • Ava came up with her first pick-up line: "My name's Kevin.  What's your's?  Heaven?"  Hm.  Interesting.  Does this belong on the good news list?  Not sure.
  • Ava also managed to not freak out too much at her first Hibachi dinner last night.  The fire show was a little much for her, but after that went out, she had so much fun watching the chef make the food.  She was even a good sport and tried to catch the shrimp in her mouth that he tossed to her - but it bounced off her eye instead. :)
  • Oh, she is officially registered for Kindergarten!  We registered her at Kaposia, just in case the house doesn't sell, so things may change for the fall, but at least she knows what's coming and she's excited!  She saw a few little friends from pre-school at Kindergarten Round-Up, so that was fun for her.  It's neat to get a glimpse of what the school year will hold for her.

The bad news:
  • Is there any?  I'm a little stressed out about cleaning the house and getting the few things put away, but I think I can deal with it.  Maybe. We'll see what happens in the next few days.
  • Hm, I think that's it! :)
This little outfit and performance made me laugh.  She's wearing her Alice in Wonderland costume for Halloween 2011...never mind that it's a little small... 
 


A natural crooner...
 

Happy Sunday!  Lots to do and not enough time. :)

Comments

Jean Yahres said…
I relate to the Valentine card comment. Wow. That's a painful one. Can you imagine a long name like Samantha or something?! You'd still be there writing those cards out. Haha! Our kids have short names too (on purpose!) so luckily we're in the same situation, but it doesn't make it much less painful. Glad to see you all survived and good luck with the house sale! We're going through the same thing now and I know if we list ours I have to move out 2/3 of our house just to get it stage ready. UGH! Help me.

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...