Skip to main content

Cheese, Please!

I had no idea that getting a kitchen play set for Ava meant that I would have to clean up TWO kitchens every night!  The amount of dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and fake food that Ava manages to scatter around our house is ridiculous!  I laugh everytime I find a hamburger patty under the couch, or a fried egg in our bed.  It's almost like a game to see what food items I can locate when I sweep our floors.

Today, she set up her table and "bench" like she was having a picnic.  I really enjoyed the fact that she put a banana and a bunch of grapes in the coffee pot.  Even with all of the fake food she has, today all she wanted to do was chew on a piece of cheese.  Anyone who knows me, will know that this could be a sign that she is definitely MY daughter! :)  And to make it a little more sweet, she was saying a big ol' "Cheeeeese!" as I was attempting to take her picture.




It was a beautiful day here in Minnesota...most of the snow has melted from our front yard.  I am quite happy to see the brown, mushy grass, though...spring is really, truly almost here!  The next thing we need is a good rain to wash all of the winter guck away.  And THEN, we can get busy planting flowers and enjoying the sunshine. 

Ava and Scott did spend a fair amount of time outside today.  Scott was working on a truck, and Ava had a blast in the backyard playing in her little house, pulling the wagon around, and creating chalk designs all over the sidewalk.  Needless to say, she fell asleep right away tonight.  Fresh air to the rescue!

Northern MN is supposed to be getting snow tomorrow, but I am crossing my fingers and toes that it misses the Twin Cities completely.  I need the blue skies and sunshine...winter needs to be done!

Comments

I'm pretty sure eating cheese isn't what is going to convince people that she is yours. She looks ABSOLUTELY identical to you AND your mother both. Cheese isn't going to make the difference at this point ;-)

I too am crossing everything I can that you don't get more snow. We've had rain for almost a week straight and I've wanted to cry. Not sure what I would do if that were snow. Yesterday was beautiful and the coming week is suppose to be as well. Our garden and flowers are going to be planted in the next week. Cannot wait!
I feel your pain. I am constantly picking up play food and dishes. And the worst is that on one random day I was feeling nice (and energetic) and suggested bringing the kitchen and food outside to play with in the new play house. Now they want it out there all the time and now not only do I have to collect the stuff throughout the yard, but I also have to CLEAN it each day. Learn more my mistake. Keep it in the house ;-)
Lisa said…
I've heard banana-grape coffee is quite tasty. :) And YAY for cheese!

Yeah- that snow on Monday? We got it up at my parents... but it was all gone by the end of the day.

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Half of a Century

I celebrated my 50th birthday this past week! When I was younger, 50 sounded reaallllly old. But now that I'm there, I recognize that it's really not. As I mentioned last week, the iron supplements I'm taking for my anemia have kick-started me feeling a million years younger, as well.  We had a wonderful birthday dinner at my parents' house last weekend (complete with my favorite kind of birthday treat - yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Basic, yes, but I love it so much!) I had a really busy week planned at work, so taking my birthday off (Tuesday) was a relief and gave me a chance to slow down and reflect on my life. The weather was sunny and warm (I've had my share of rainy birthdays, so anytime the sun is out on my birthday, I'm grateful.) Scott picked up flowers and a Starbucks gift card for me, so I had breakfast courtesy of Starbucks and read while sitting on our front porch. Pria loved having me home on a Tuesday and wanted to sample some of the goods...