Skip to main content

Taking a Time Out

Oh what a naughty, naughty little girl we have.  You know it's bad when the child tells on herself to you (true story from last week...)  When asked what she did wrong, she listed off her wrongdoings, and then proclaimed that she was naughty.  Putting her in time out doesn't seem to be working anymore, as she talks about going into time out on her own.  We've found that taking Scooter and Blankie away from her sometimes works...and sometimes it doesn't.  It really depends on her mood.  We've just come to accept the fact that we have one sassy litle girl.  Frankly, I'd rather have a kid with an attitude than one without any sort of personality.  I can only imagine what she'll be like in 10 more years...

We all had an incredibly busy week - so busy that we didn't even take any pictures!  I started my new job, which means a location move, meeting all new people, trying to learn different applications, and still managing my old job.  Ava was busy punching kids at daycare, and making lifesize kangaroos.  Somedays, I think I'd rather be two than thirty-four.

It's definitely a lazy Sunday - I'm watching football, Scott's working on the house, and Ava's chattering away at the top of her lungs.  I'm trying to work up the motivation to run to the grocery store, but it's not happening as quickly as I'd like.

Hopefully we'll get more energy as the new week starts - along with some new stories and pics!  Have a great week!

Comments

Lisa said…
I love how she tattles on herself! Dylan has blamed the dogs or Jacob on a few things...

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...