Skip to main content

Sledding, Monsters, and 2011!

Finally, the holidays are really coming to an end!  With all of our free time, we were able to fit in a few fun activities.  We bought a sled for Ava for Christmas, and thought it would be fun to get her out in the snow.  Boy, were we wrong!  That girl did NOT like being in the snow!  But, Scott and I had fun, so 66% ain't too bad!

Heading down with Daddy








Mommy's turn


Ava wanted nothing to do with that...and took off down the street!



She might have been smart not to go down with Mommy.


Sending her down on her own


NOT a good idea!



After recovering from the sledding adventure, she took a bath (as usual.)  She likes to run around and pretend to be a monster - and terrorize the puppies!



Spanky hiding under the tree...


She received a couple of dress-up outfits as Christmas presents.  Cute, but they are loaded with glitter!

Less than thrilled with having to pose for pics...




And she finally let me put a barrette in her hair...yippee!



We went down to Grand Meadow to ring in 2011 with the Winfields, the Nelsons, and the Reids.  We were supposed to get a horrible storm, but luckily, we only encountered a little bit of sleet and fog on the way down.  Once we got to the Winfield's house, we parked on their steep driveway.  And 15 minutes later, the neighbor came over to tell us our truck had slid down the driveway into the street...yikes!  We're just happy that it's not a busy street!

The evening was a great success...friends, kids, and food - what could be better!  We all stayed awake until midnight to ring in the year (I'll admit, I took a little nap around 10:30pm.)  Even all of the kids (except for Charlie) stayed awake.  We eventually had to give up on the idea of Ava sleeping in Isabel's room...they were just too stimulated, and weren't settling down to sleep.  

Ava isn't one of those kids who sleeps in if she stays up later.  After she went to bed around 11:30 on Friday night, we thought we might get her to sleep until 8am.  Oh no.  She was up starting at 4am...and never went back to sleep.  She just so badly wanted to play with Isabel!  Let's just say that we all started off 2011 with a serious lack of sleep!

Isabel was nice and shared her skirts with Ava..what a bunch of girls!



There's Charlie, playing with the new camera!


A little adult mommy time is always needed...


This is my favorite picture from the night - look at Charlie poking out from behind Erik!  That boy knows how to work the camera!


Awwww...Erik and Charlie



He's just too cute!


This sweet moment last for maybe 20 seconds.


Getting ready for the countdown!


Dee and a very pregnant Tiffany!  (She's so close!)


This is what a sleep-deprived toddler looks like.  Crabby.



And...she's out.


So far, the first few days of 2011 have been very busy!  We have a Christmas gathering this afternoon, and then we *might* have some downtime before the next one.  Here's to hoping that 2011 is a fantastic year for all!

Comments

Lisa said…
I love the photo of you chasing down the street after her! I kinda wish Dylan had just a TEENSY bit of fear in him when it comes to this sort of stuff. (These boys are going to make me go gray...) And as for the glitter... my friend says glitter is the herpes of kids' art supplies. :) Happy New Year to all of you!
I have been wanting to take the boys sledding SOOOO bad this year!! I think I'd have more fun than them as well, but whatever :-) I miss winter activities.... enjoy some extra sledding for us!! Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...