Skip to main content

Random Days and Nights

Our tree is up. Some presents are bought (but not wrapped, of course), the Christmas cards are ordered, and I have decided not to bake any of my Christmas goodies this year.  Oh yeah, the holidays are definitely in full swing!

We had a Goers' family Christmas party last night...and it was, by far, the best Goers' party we have had so far. Minnesota got hit with a serious blizzard this weekend, yet the party was still on...and once people got there, they didn't want to leave!  It was a wonderful way to start to celebrate the season with the people we care about.

The following are just some random shots over the last few weeks...

Snuggling with Daddy before bed...watching Scooby Do, I believe.


Ava loves getting piggy-back rides.  I didn't realize how exhausting it was! Love her big belly hanging out here.


She gets so tired of me taking pictures of her...



This doesn't even look like her...her hair looks so long!  And even when Ava looked at the picture, she thought it was Savannah from her daycare, instead of herself.


This is a model pose if I've ever seen one. What happened to the chubby cheeks??


Last weekend, we met up with Scott's sister and her kids to see Santa at Southdale.  She and Santa had a great conversation about Cinderella.  And even Santa commented about how good she did sitting on his lap, and just chatting.  At least she has Santa fooled!


Tara, Hunter, and Aidan


Aidan is very serious about things...


This is poor Scott after 3 hours of snowblowing.  His hat froze to his head, so he gave up on wearing it.  I like to sing about "Scott the Snowman" to the tune of Frosty...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...