Skip to main content

Meeting Baby Charlie

I'm just a week late with this post, but better late than never, right?  On Memorial Day, Scott, Ava and I drove out far west of the cities to visit our friends Erik, Megan, and baby Charlie!  Charlie isn't very old (just over 3 months), and he is just adorable!  We were telling Ava all about Charlie, so she was ready to see him when we got to their house.  Of course, she was quickly distracted by their large front porch, and the insane amount of land they have.  So jealous...

At this point, they definitely didn't play together, but Ava sure did have fun climbing the stairs, playing with Charlie's toys, and generally, just being a toddler on-the-go.  I remember the days when Ava was 3-months and she couldn't go anywhere.  Why were we so anxious for her to start being mobile??

It was great to FINALLY see Megan and Erik's house - they've lived there for almost a year (make that TWO years - I'm not sure where my last year went!), and this is the first time we've made it out there.  It's amazing how having a child changes how easily you can visit friends.  But, now that most of our friends have kids, everyone seems to understand.  It ain't easy being a parent, that's for sure.  Right before we were getting ready to leave, I remembered to whip out the camera and capture a bit of the action.

 I think she was putting the pig down for a nap...


Reading with Erik


At least Charlie is looking at the camera!




Ava loves to climb onto our bed, and hide in the pillows.  Goofy girl!




As for this past week, this is the busiest I have been in years.  In five days, I managed to pack in: a trip to the driving range (gotta practice that swing), a birthday dinner, a drinking party while AT work (yes, that's right AT work, and during work hours even!), an Uppercase Living party, a breast cancer fundraiser (I won at the silent auction - yes!), a movie with Scott, an ungodly amount of errands, and another movie with my friends.  Oh, and of course, I worked full time (minus the drinking hours :) )  Needless to say, I was quite happy to come home tonight and not have any plans.  Frankly, I'm tired.  It was fun, but I don't know how often I could do all of that stuff.

Have a wonderful night!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahhh... yes, drinking while at work. I do miss that company once in awhile! Haha!
Megan said…
make that almost 2 years we've lived out here! Hard to believe we moved when Ava was just a month old - where has the time gone?

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...