Skip to main content

Random Days

We had a very busy week, which means that once again, we didn't have a chance to take many photos.  So, here is a random smattering of images and comments from the past few days...

Ava loves her new bed!  She only fell out once that first night, and tonight when we checked on her, she was snuggled up with Scooter under the sheet, snoring away.  This picture is not from tonight. :)  She looked so comfy in it the other morning that I just had to take a pic.


Spring is almost here!  I took Ava to daycare in a dress with no tights the other day...good thing daycare is a 15-second walk from our house!


Apparently Scooter and Ava have made up...tonight, she was trying to strap him into her booster seat with her sippy cup.


Ava looks very 1980's with her headbands like this.


She had some difficulty removing it from her head!


Thank goodness it's Sunday tomorrow...we both still need a day to recover from the week.  In fact, I am the only awake living being in the house right now.  Everyone else is sleeping/napping on the couch.  Woohoo...exciting Saturday night!

Comments

Lisa said…
Awww, she looks so cute in her big girl bed! I'm glad she made up with Scooter. :) Headband look = awesome. She looks like she should be in that Olivia-Newton John video- Let's get Physical, Physical...

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...