Skip to main content

Where is the Summer Going?

Ava's really been paying more attention to her environment, and how she interacts with her toys, us, her friends at daycare, and loud noises (her first reaction is to run to the nearest adult and grab their legs - but once she knows what the noise is, she wants to watch it.) Over the weekend, Scott was mowing our lawn, and running the leaf blower...both loud objects. Once she saw it was Daddy doing it, then she couldn't take her eyes off of him. She even said, "Dada"...and I know it wasn't an accident!

In my last blog post, I commented on how she's been putting her dolly in the stroller and exersaucer...now she's feeding her puppy her Cheerios! Unless she's really hungry, and then she doesn't share!


On Sunday, Ava and I went to River Falls to visit with Lisa and Dylan, and Tiffany and Isabel. The kids were so good together - it seemed whatever toy one child had, the others wanted. Ava was quite fond of Dylan's cow and blue elephant. After lunch, we went on a nice walk, and ended up at a park in town. There were several slides, steps, and sand to play with!

Isabel's on her way down the slide!


Ava wasn't really sure what to do with the sand...I think this might have been the 1st time she's played in sand. I cannot believe how much of it she brought home with her in her diaper!!


Peeking out from behind a pole...peek-a-boo!


It was rare to get all three kids together in one shot...I think Isabel caught Ava off-guard in this one!


On the walk back to Lisa's house, we stopped at DQ - Isabel and Tiff shared a dipped cone, with very messy results! Ava and I shared a cherry float, but I had strict control of the spoon and straw!

Last night, our friend Megan stopped out for an impromptu visit, and it was great to catch up with her! She and her husband moved west of the cities, so we don't see them on a weekly basis like we used to. :( Megan even supervised Ava's bath time...but even with 3 adults in the bathroom, Ava still managed to take a pretty hard fall in the tub. But this morning, there wasn't a bump in sight! Those kids are quick healers!

This weekend should be fun - Tiff and I are headed up to northern WI for a wedding, so Scott will be all on his own with Ava on Saturday night. This is his first overnight alone with her - but I know he'll do a great job!

Comments

Lisa said…
There was a ton of sand in Dylan's crib after he woke up from his nap that day! We're looking forward to the 3rd- that will be fun. I'm so excited for the wedding this weekend- we're going to have LOTS of fun and do LOTS of dancing!!

Oh- and I love how Ava only shares when she's not hungry. That is too cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...