Skip to main content

Windblown Troll

Ava's becoming a real handful in the bathtub...Scott and I were remembering how easy she used to be when she just sat there. Now, she's standing, running, fall, laying on her belly, growing bubble beards from drinking the bathwater, and doing anything she can to make us laugh. We do giggle a lot during bath time, so even though it is more work to get her clean, it's a lot more fun.

Scott decided to give her a fun 'do the other day. Ava's finally getting some hair - and normally, it stands up all over, like chicken fuzz. The only time it lays flat is when it's wet...but not this night!

Scott eventually called her a windblown troll...and you know, what? He's right!


Just 4 more days until our little sweet pea is ONE! We are looking forward to my parents coming up for a visit on Wednesday, as well as the family party on Sunday. My parents are celebrating their 60th birthdays this summer, so we'll be taking them out to party, as well!

One of my co-workers went to Florida for a vacation, and he brought back Dumbo! Ava wasn't quite sure what to think, but I thought for sure she'd love his trunk. And I was right!

Our three little doggies were so tired yesterday...I like how they're all camping out in our room.

On a very sad note, we lost Scott's Aunt Linda this week. She passed away very unexpectedly on Tuesday morning. Linda was a kind, generous, and incredibly giving person - she will be greatly missed by many. It was a beautiful day for a funeral yesterday - I like to think that Linda had something to do with that. So far, we've had 3 funerals in the last 6 months...I'm hoping we have filled our quota for a while.

Don't forget to tell your parents, siblings, children, friends, etc. that you love them today!

Comments

I'm sorry to hear about Scott's aunt. How sad. On a lighter note, I love Ava's hairdo! We play those same games during bathtime and end up with more water out of the tub than in the tub most nights!!
Lisa said…
I'm so sorry to hear about Scott's aunt. That's very sad. I think I remember her from your wedding.

Welcome to my world of challenging bathtime!! I don't think Dylan has ever sat still. :) (shocking, I know!)

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...