Skip to main content

A week of pictures

With the beautiful weather lately (not today), we had a very busy week. We tried to spend as much time outdoors as we could. Also, Ava's last swimming lesson was on Monday - can't wait to get that pool from Great-Grandma for Ava's birthday!

Yesterday we decided to back off on the baby food and start giving Ava more of our food. So, Scott cooked up a piece of chicken for her, we cooked some carrots, and she had part of a pear for dessert. I'm thinking we need to invest in those plates that have the suction cup on the bottom - I took one step away from her and the plate went flying. Good thing we have three dogs to clean up! Now that she knows how to drink from a straw and a regular cup, we decided giving her a sippy cup wouldn't hurt. She guards that thing with her life!!!

In less than 2 weeks, she's going to be a year old...! We bought some whole milk yesterday to start introducing that into her diet - I am so excited for that! But the biggest thing will be turning that car seat around to face us. I can't WAIT for her to be able to face forward so she can see where we're going...plus, that means I can keep a better eye on her, too.

We're looking forward to a lazy Sunday. Last night, after Ava was in bed, we both fell asleep in front of the TV by 8:30! But, we had fun on Friday night celebrating a friend's 30th birthday, so we're not complete homebodies. :)

Is it better with the spoon or the fingers? Either way, it's messy!


I love how she sleeps cross ways in the crib...she looks so squished.

Ava discovered the joy of kicking her legs in the water. I think what she really liked was being able to splash Mommy in the face.


She did not enjoy the life jacket, or the experience of floating on her back.


Clinging on to Mommy for dear life...and pinching me while she was at it. OUCH!


Scott was getting artsy with the angle. Or he was too comfy to move from his ground position. :)


The hat stayed on for just a few moments before she took it off and tried to eat it/throw it/wear it backwards on her head/etc...


Clearly, these two are related, and interested in the same movie on TV.


"Hey Mom, what's up?"


At this point, she didn't want to be held...she wanted to continue to rip up the newspaper...as evidenced by the remnant in her hand!


Oh sure, smile when Daddy's holding you! Although, I think Daddy needs to work on his smile. :)



"Uh oh, look what I did!"


So proud of herself!

Comments

Katie said…
I don't want to burst your bubble, but there are SO many reasons to hold off on turning her forward facing. Even though law says they must be 1 year AND 20 lbs, that doesn't necessarily mean it's safer to have them forward facing. Here are a few links that document why extended rear facing is so important. While I'd love to be able to look in the rear view and see Violet's smiling face, the thought of spinal cord injury is more than enough to make me want to wait til a minimum of 18 months to turn her around.
http://www.car-safety.org/rearface.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9916868

and these videos REALLY illustrate the importance of rear facing:
http://tinyurl.com/moopja
Lisa said…
Dylan loves to shred newspapers too. Thinks it's SO funny! I love how she sleeps in her crib- that is too cute! A year old already- where did the time go?!? Doesn't it seem like it was just yesterday we were bringing them home from the hospital?

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...