Skip to main content

Parades Galore!

Now that summer's here, it seems like the days are flying by. I went back to work on Wednesday, and before I knew it, it was Friday! Apparently, Ava had a long week, though...she fell asleep as I was feeding her on Thursday night. Her eyes kept rolling back, and finally, I let her nap for 20 minutes. All that fresh air at daycare must be wearing her out!


On Friday night, Scott, Ava and I went to the South St Paul Kaposia Days parade. Scott's mom and Whitey live right on the parade route, so it's nice that we have front row seats. Last year, Ava was only a week old at the parade, so she didn't really get to experience it. She did great this year...she watched everyone and everything so carefully. But the most exciting thing was the candy bucket...it doubles as a hat! The people giving out candy would put pieces right in her bucket, which I would very quickly remove. I did give her the tiniest piece of Laffy Taffy, but she spit it out right away.

I was eating a piece of her candy after she went to bed, and I was harassed by a clown in the parade for eating her treats! I told him she was too small, and then he told me she wouldn't get any bigger if I kept eating her candy! :)


"BACK OFF, MOMMA! IT'S MINE!"


There was some other excitement in SSP that night...the state patrol helicopter was searching for someone in SSP, and there were a ton of cops surrounding the park right by Deb's house. It's usually a very quiet neighborhood, so it caused quite the commotion!

Saturday afternoon, we drove down to visit Darren, Tiffany, and Isabel to partake in Grand Meadow's parade and city day. We were pretty excited to be able to go to another parade...and this one had even more candy than the SSP one! Since we already had a full bucket at home, we gave all of our pieces to Isabel...as Tiff said, it's good potty-training candy!

The girls got along so well...Tiff got this cool, double-seater wagon, and amazingly enough, no one escaped from it on the ride to the parade.


Enjoying the view from Daddy's shoulders...

Apparently, it was an exhausting parade to watch.


Isabel's protecting her ears from the siren...and enjoying a freezee pop. What a great treat to get on a hot, summer day!



After the parade was over, the boys headed out, and we went to the school's playground. They had so much fun playing on the slides, swings, and in the rocks!



That night, the boys headed out to the local races, and Tiff and I watched the girls. It was so nice to be able to hang out with Tiff again - we've missed them! We ended up watching 2 movies, and didn't go to bed until almost 2 in the morning. That would have been fine except Ava woke up crying at 5am. We finally got her to go back to sleep (using me as a pillow), but by 7:30am, she was up for the day. So, we headed home...and have been non-stop ever since.

How can it be Sunday afternoon already? I hope the whole summer doesn't go this fast! We've got Ava's pool warming up in the backyard...maybe tomorrow night she'll be able to splash around in it.

Stay cool!

Comments

Megan said…
When did Isabel become a such a little lady? The potty training part got me...

We should have planned our weekends out better and we could have joined you :( next year!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...