Skip to main content

Our Little Turkey in Kansas City!

Scott, Ava, and I went to KC to visit my family for Thanksgiving. My aunt Stephanie flew in from NYC, and my great-aunt Doris joined us for dinner, as well. In addition to listening to family tales from the past and eating a fabulous home-cooked meal, we also decided to let Ava open her Christmas gifts from my parents and Steph. I've included a video from her first gift - once she got past the shiny ribbon, she just tore into the gifts!

We're back home now, and looking forward to the next time we head south to KC!

Enjoy the pictures! And gobble gobble!

Dee, Ava and Gramma Karen - 3 generations of fabulous women! :)


This was just too cute...Ava is so good at really studying the person who is holding her. In this case, it's Grampa Doug!


Grampa Doug, Gramma Karen and Ava - after a great breakfast...


This is nice - we don't have too many pictures of the three of us.

What's this? Turkey legs on my shirt!

Ava the Dragon Slayer!

And a happy slayer to boot...!

The Blackwood family (L-R): Doris, Sparky the dog, Dee, Karen, Doug, Ava, and Steph

We were able to take a picture for our Christmas card (you'll have to wait and see that one), but here are a few other cute ones...

And the video - I'm surprised there weren't any paper cuts...!

Comments

Lisa said…
CUTE photos! I love the one with the turkey shirt! I'm so excited for Christmas- Dylan loves playing with paper these days too (He tried to eat my bulletin in church the other day). I think we could probably just wrap an empty box and they would be just as happy!
SpikedWheel said…
Oh Dee Dee Lynn! Ava is so adorable in all the pics and you and Scott are just beaming in every one of them. I hope you all of a very blessed Christmas

Christine

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...