Skip to main content

Rock On!

And when I say "rock on" I'm totally referring to sheet rock...something that we've been waiting to see for a loooong time in our house.  Now that the sheet rock is up, I'm pretty sure we can schedule our closing, and get a better idea for when we'll be able to take ownership of our new house!  We've also started discussing a plan for moving, so we need to get working on that, as well. 

Thank God that the end is near for our time at this rental (fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx us!)  Scott and I were discussing last night that our housing situation this summer truly has been less than ideal...I think we've both been trying not to let it bother us, but the way the foreclosure/sale has gone down has left us with a bad impression.  We will be VERY happy to get into our own place again!

We have a front porch - yay!

 
The garage...huge.  And, now, with a service door!

 
View inside from the front door (study on right)

 
Looking into the study - need some good ideas on how to organize/decorate this room so it looks nice, but is still a functional office

 
It was getting dark when we went to the house and there was NO way I was going to check out the basement without a light.  But, I hear that the floors have been poured down there. :)

 
Our family room

 
And kitchen - so excited for the pantry!

 
The guest bedroom upstairs (still waiting on that window to be replaced...)

 
Ava's room!

 
My laundry room

 
Baby Boy's room - and Scott checking out the property lines (story to come shortly)

 
Our master bedroom - I like the tray vaulting!

 
Master closet on the left, master bath on the right

 
Shower and tub!

 
So, when we were there last night, it was pouring rain...but Scott wanted to check out the stakes and property lines in our backyard.  He got very wet and muddy, but he determined that the neighbors built their fence in about 6' into our yard and the back on one side, and the other neighbors laid sod about 3' in on the other side.  So, where our property lines should be straight back, it looks like we've been wedged in a bit.  Scott wants to talk to the builder so they can address the issue with the neighbors...and I just want it to be handled tactfully so we're not "those" people when we move in.  I see it from the taxpaying point of view, but I also want to make sure that we enjoy the neighborhood, and can make friends there!  Should be an interesting discussion...
 
The siding (or "the color" according to Ava) has also been added to the back, but we had a slight change in the board & batten color for the front, which led to a few more external color changes.  It should be fun to see how it all comes together.  We're pretty neutral in our color choices, so at least we have the freedom to add color to the house with plants, etc.

In other news...Ava's first full week at Kaposia was a success!  Scott got a call from her teacher, just to let us know that Ava is doing great.  He didn't have much more info than that, so I think I need to re-route the calls so they come to me...so I can ask questions. :)  Gotta know how my baby girl is doing!

Ava and I worked on some homework yesterday before she went to Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house.  She needed to come up with three rules that we follow in our house, and then I needed to help her write them down.  It took a bit of time (and reminders to focus) but we did finally get three full sentences on the piece of paper.  Once again, I am impressed by people who can be teachers...or childcare providers of any sort.  They have the patience of saints!

Scott made BLTs the other night for dinner, and I noticed Ava giggling at her chair.  I looked over and asked why she had made a face on her sandwich.  And not just any face...a mad face.  I'm still not sure what the answer was because I was so distracted by the sandwich.  Once again, I'm shown that it's the little things that can bring joy to ordinary moments!

 
As for me, I'm 32 weeks, with just 8 weeks to go....yahooooo!  According to averages, Baby Boy is about 17", and 4 lbs right now.  He's running out of room to move, but let me tell you, he's finding crevices to explore that I didn't know existed.  I'm thinking that I need to start a special moving box for him...diapers, creams, onesies, etc., that we'll keep handy, since we won't be able to have his room ready by the time he comes.  I know we'll have enough going on that at least if we have the basics readily accessible, we'll be scrambling less for things.  Which reminds me...I need to stock up on diapers, creams, onesies, etc... :) 
 
 
 Time to get moving...lots to do and not nearly enough time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh