- The house will be listed this Friday, 2/22 - hoping that the third time is a charm for this listing!
- The house projects leading up to the listing are winding down, and now it's just time for a good cleaning and some de-cluttering. The fireplace renovation looks great - way to go, Scott!
- We survived a one-hour wait for dinner on Valentine's Day, even though we had reservations. We made friends at the bar, so it wasn't all bad...
- Ava and I managed not to kill each other while signing her name to her Valentine's Day cards for pre-school. You'd think that with a super short name like hers, it wouldn't be a big deal. But, it was painful. Another reminder that I would not make a good teacher...lack o'patience!
- At the same time we were signing her name to the cards, she was reading the list of classmates to me. And I mean reading! She read the names to me in order that they were on the sheet! And we've been working on sounding out words this week. I'm just so impressed with how her little mind works and soaks up the knowledge.
- Ava's BFF at pre-school is a little girl named Ellie. Ellie's mom and I finally met on Friday morning and we exchanged numbers...apparently Ellie talks about Ava non-stop, and we both think it would be great to do a playdate soon. Yay! In fact, when Ellie and Ava saw each other on Friday morning, they stopped at the front door to give each other a big hug. So cute! That makes my heart happy.
- My big work project is well underway, and we have official approval to launch the site this coming week. It's been a very busy eight months leading up to this point, and it's hard to believe that the launch is almost here. We've still got huge amounts of work to get through, but we're going to celebrate a little bit this week. Whew...
- Spanky managed to survive the week. Just a few days ago, we were sure we were going to have to put him down this weekend, but that dog is a survivor. He was actually wagging his tail yesterday, and he's even been sniffing around for some food, so his appetite is coming back. It really is good news, but at the same time, we know the end is coming, and it feels like we're drawing it out a bit.
- Ava came up with her first pick-up line: "My name's Kevin. What's your's? Heaven?" Hm. Interesting. Does this belong on the good news list? Not sure.
- Ava also managed to not freak out too much at her first Hibachi dinner last night. The fire show was a little much for her, but after that went out, she had so much fun watching the chef make the food. She was even a good sport and tried to catch the shrimp in her mouth that he tossed to her - but it bounced off her eye instead. :)
- Oh, she is officially registered for Kindergarten! We registered her at Kaposia, just in case the house doesn't sell, so things may change for the fall, but at least she knows what's coming and she's excited! She saw a few little friends from pre-school at Kindergarten Round-Up, so that was fun for her. It's neat to get a glimpse of what the school year will hold for her.
The bad news:
- Is there any? I'm a little stressed out about cleaning the house and getting the few things put away, but I think I can deal with it. Maybe. We'll see what happens in the next few days.
- Hm, I think that's it! :)
This little outfit and performance made me laugh. She's wearing her Alice in Wonderland costume for Halloween 2011...never mind that it's a little small...
A natural crooner...
Happy Sunday! Lots to do and not enough time. :)