Skip to main content

24 Hours...ALL FOR ME!

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is August 1.  It seems like we were just heading up north to celebrate the 4th of July.  I don't understand why time is flying by so quickly...  I know I've said before that I'd like more than 24 hours in a day, just to get more "stuff" done.  Not even fun stuff, just ...stuff.  So, this weekend we had plans to visit Darren, Tiff, and Isabel - and usually I am super excited to catch up with them.  This week, though, I just couldn't gather enough energy to be excited about leaving all of the "stuff" behind at home.  So, because Scott could sense I was nearing a breaking point, he offered to take Ava to the Winfield's house without me, just so I could have some time alone.

And I was so relieved and happy that I actually cried.  And then I put together a list of all of the things I was going to do in those 24 hours.  So far, I've done pretty well.  The highlight of the day was sitting outside for a few hours, doing absolutely nothing (ok, that might not have been on my "to do" list, but it was nice anyway).  I listened to the windmill hitting the tomato plants (yep, they're that high now), a few dogs barking (not mine), and just soaked up the sun.  I didn't even read - just gave my brain a chance to zone out.  And I feel great now!

The dogs and I have a pretty exciting night planned - mani/pedi and a movie.  Truly, no better way to spend a Saturday night in a quiet house!

Little Ava had quite the experience earlier this week at daycare.  She was kicking a ball around the backyard, and it landed right on an underground bee hive.  They immediately swarmed her, but not the other little girl next to her.  Just Ava.  (We think it's because she was wearing a yellow dress the exact color of pollen - she must have looked like the biggest flower ever to these bees.)  So Debi came over to get them off of her, and then they turned on her.  Both Debi and Ava were stung several times, and while Ava didn't have any bad side effects, she did wake up that night in tears, and had a hard time falling back asleep.  We think she was probably reliving the experience.  Poor kid.

She's also asserting her independence more and more...not wanting to have her diaper changed (really, Ava?!), fighting me getting her dressed, fighting me brushing her teeth, fighting US, in general.  She's got quite the set of legs and arms on her...glad we moved on from biting, but hitting and kicking...?  Yikes.  Every morning is a struggle to get her ready to go to daycare.

This is why I needed some time alone.

However, I couldn't let them go without trying to get a few pics of the start to their Daddy/Daughter adventure.

It started out so well...



Uh-oh...this doesn't look promising.


Notice how her hair is flying out at the back - she was shaking her head while starting to yell.



This one just made me laugh...she had dropped Scooter and then was freaking out about it.  So, Scott tossed him to her.  I LOVE how he's flying through the air, arms out, tail up, coming straight for Ava.  I actually laughed hard at this for 2 minutes.  Another sign I needed some time alone.


Such a girl...mood swings and all.  What's with this face?  And the shaggy hair? 


OMG.  A happy face.


I think right before I took this, she looked at me and said, "No camera, Mommy."


And off they go...have fun!  I know I will.


Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow...it sounds like they've had a good day swimming and golfing (Scott, not Ava), and hopefully she's now asleep so Scott can have fun with Darren and Tiff tonight. 

I am also looking forward to my remaining 12 hours of freedom...!  Yeah!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That sounds heavenly. 24 hours with nobody around. I just had the exact opposite. Over 2 weeks of me and the boys and no daddy. It's nice to be home ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se